Brahama amp

JH
Unregistered guest
Anybody have a Brahama 12"? I have a JBL bp600.1 that can put out a little more than 600 watts at 1 ohm. Adire's website says that the thermal handling of the Brahama is 1600 watts, but that it takes a lot less than that to reach full excursion in the proper box.

On their site, they claim that it only takes 500 watts in a 2.10 ft^3 sealed box. If I build a box of that size, will the Brahama perform like it's supposed to? I know I want a Brahama but I want it to perform like a champ.

Anybody with experience, please let me know.

Bronze Member
Username: Wj94

Post Number: 44
i wish i could have afforded a 10" brahma. oh well.

Bin Laden
Unregistered guest
Adire tests every sub before it goes out so if they say it can perform at 500 watts then yes it can. That's what they have engineers for. I wouldn't put anything over 800 watts on a Brahma 12. Anything more and I think you would risk burning up the voice coils faster than normal. If you read the fine print on the website I believe it says something to the effect that with 500 watts a Brahma 12 will reach it's full peak excursion which is basically pushing the sub to it's limits before it starts to distort. I don't know if you have ever heard or seen a brahma in action in a box but those subs move like CRAZY so you shouldn't need that many watts to push it.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1738
that's a great box volume for that sub, and should do quite well with that JBL amp.

robert J
Unregistered guest
how about two brama 10s on a 600.1 kicker, i now the thermal rating is the same as the 12 but i didnt know if it would make a differnce. but would that be a good setup or would i need more power, and if so how much?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1844
for a Brahma, the 600.1 with two subs will work, but it will happily take more power. The 1200.1 may be a better match for an amp.

Robert j
Unregistered guest
glasswolf would it be better for me to use just one brahma sub, and if so what size would the box need to be if using a 600.1?

robert j
Unregistered guest
glasswolf pls reply

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1926
have some patience.
I don't sit and camp on the forums all day, man.
I pop in once or twice a day.

I don't recall what coil configs teh brahma comes in, but if you can get a 2 ohm, or 4+4 DVC version, then yes the single sub with the 600.1 is fine.
for the box, adireaudio.com has the specs for download, for ideal box sizes.

Robert J
Unregistered guest
thank you very much glasswolf, i don't think you know how valuable you are to this site, i have learned so much from you!!!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us