Type-R and Alpine mrd-m605 or RE SE 12 with Kicker KX600.1 which is better?

Bronze Member
Username: Biggyg9712

Post Number: 28
i have a type r 12'' powered by a mrd m605 alpine amp right now, and i was thinking of upgrading to a re se 12'' and a kicker kx600.1 will the re and kicker sound any better? and im only paying like 75 dollars more for the kicker and re, is it worth it?

Username: Djman37

Mesquite, Tx Usa

Post Number: 6
is your type-r the 'new' type-R? there's a big forum hard on on caraudio.com for the type-R subs. I looked into them before buying my SEs. Install would be the difference, IMO.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
which one would sound better, and what do you mean by the install would be the diffeence?

Mesquite, Tx Usa

Post Number: 9
sealed/ported enclosure size, that kind of stuff, not really install, more of enclosure dependant. SE's sealed or ported and tuned low sound great. I haven't heard the new type-R's, the T/S for the SE's worked better for me.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 465
i would take the se and kicker. re makes better subs in build quality and performance and kicker makes better amps than alpine but thats just my opinion.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
k, so i should go with the kicker and re? and should i go sealed or ported?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
shoild i go with sealed or ported box for the RE SE 12''

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 109
truth is, the se may sound a little better, but not much, they are both middle level subs. upgrade to a better sub and a bigger amp, or at least a better sub, eclipse ti, idmax etc.

Bronze Member

Mesquite, Tx Usa

Post Number: 11
On second thought, since you already have a sub and amp, maybe just change the box the sub is in. Try making one to Alpine's specs ported low and see how that does you. You'd save time, money, and effort instead of a whole different sub setup that MIGHT not sound that much better.
I forgot you already had a sub and amp.

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 110
yeah you can't really consider going from a type r to an se is a significant upgrade that is really worth the money.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us