I need help! Starting from the ground up for 700$

Fatpo
Unregistered guest
What should I get for my 700 bucks, I want clear and big music.

-Po

robert J
Unregistered guest
I personally like alpine for my highs, and kicker for bass. now JL is better but coasts alot more.

But for your system go to ebay get a alpine head unite and the alpine coaxel speaker. Right now they have kicker 300.2 amps for $139 very cheap, and a compvr 12inch for $70, get that and that is all the bass you'll want for a long time.

if you have any more questions just ask?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1724
alpine head unit with vdrive internal amp
www.etronics.com
CDT Classic components
www.thezeb.com
JBL BP600.1 amplifier
www.etronics.com
two kicker CompVR 12" subs
www.etronics.com
ported box ~1.7 to 2cu ft per sub, 4" ports, tuned to ~34Hz.

then save up for an alarm system

Unregistered guest
Try this setup:

Buy a fairly inexpensive head unit, but make sure it has all the options you will use. CD/CDRW/MP3 etc. Check out a JVC KDs890 or a Clarion DB336MP, both have some bells and whistles for about $100-120.
Next fot the speakers check out Diamond Audio M3 series or Focal Access line, both are audiophile speakers just there entry line stuff (still really good quality) You can pick up two pair of 6.5" coaxials for about $200 at www.onlinecarstereo.com
Or here is a little tweek that will save you some money on your amps, buy orion C63 speakers they are wired in a 3ohm setup which when matched to a 4ohm amplifier will basically lower the resistance, causing a 50x4 amp to put out more like 65 watts per channel. these speakers are about $90/pair
For your sub go with a either A/D/S A10.s.2 which is a Sound quality sub for people who like to listen to jazz,blues,etc. Anything that you want to be able to here the individual chords of say a bass guitar, or go with an Alpine SWR-1041D for more rap,techno,garage. It has more resonating bass for those types of music.
The lasst step is powering this cheap beast, I would recommend powering it with two kenwood amps. Using a KAC849s it will put out 50x4 watts at (0.08%THD)which will be closer to 70watts with the 3ohm orion speakers, next add a KAC729s to power the sub it will hit 300watts bridged 4ohm mono at (0.8%thd). Put that into either one of the subs. If you haven't kept the tally of what all this will set you back it will be about $730 in total.
The reason I recommend these amps over the kickers listed above is that way you have two seperate amps one to power you speakers and one for your subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us