A QUSTION FOR GLASSWOLFE

NEW ONE
Unregistered guest
YOUR OPPION ON HORN TWTTERS

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4729
Can be good, can be bad, depends on how good an install you do. Most difficult part is getting midbass drivers that can blend in with them, and also keep up with them, horns are very efficient and it takes multiple midbass drivers to match them in output. As far as imaging, most horns give a strong center image with good focus, but they tend to lack side to side imaging. IMO, in comparison to conventional drivers, horns are easier to get to sound good, but more difficult to get them truly great.

You should register on www.caraudiocentral.net Glasswolf has a tutorial on that site dedicated to horns.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 924
and new enthusiasts to the site is a good thing.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10161
horns have some advantages, like graet frequency range and imaging, but you pay dearly for that with difficulty in mounting due to size, the absolute need for 1.3 octave EQs to tune them so they sound decent in a car (absolutely needed, and always an expensive addition) and they have downfalls like group delay and a very distinctive sound that most people tire of very quickly after using horns in a car for a bit.

all in all you'd save money and get better results using a high end conventional set of separates in your car instead, like Rainbow Platinums for example, or DynAudio 240 Esotars.
Both run about $1500-2000 US per set.. and both will yield a better overall result for transparency with close to the same output as horns with midbass drivers.

Bronze Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 31
u would really spend 1500$ on a pair of tweeters ?

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10169
HLCD tweeters are expensive.. usually over a grand per pair.
when I mentioned the Rainbows and Dyns, those are for a full component set.. midranges, tweeters, and passive crossover modules.

with horns, you have to buy the horns, .33 octave EQs, amplifiers, midbass drivers, more crossovers, then bust your behind aligning and tuning all of it.. plus paying for RTA time.

yeah I paid $1200 for my front stage

NEW ONE
Unregistered guest
glass if i were to get horns what copany has the best quality horns

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4734
Image Dynamics, USD Audio make excellent horns. Veritas makes them, Illusion used to but I'm not sure now. Anyway, ID horns are the more popular horns at competitions.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10192
ditto
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us