RE MT and DD 9500

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 381
What are the major differences, is one more spl/sq oriented?
If 2 DD9500 15" subs were correctly powered in a ported box, and 2 15" MT's were correctly powered in a ported box. In a perfect environment, which would sound better, and which would sound louder?

Im looking to upgrade my sytem in the near future and both of these drivers look nice. I want to have the setup as a daily driver but also i want to go to some comps. I know its hard to tell "which one would get louder" and "which one would sound better" but what would you guys think the differences in their output would be? Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 987
define "perfect"...
in different applications, each sub would shine more-so than the other. but if i had ALOT of cash to spend, i would do w/ the 9500's.

the real question is:
"how loud to you want to be?"

to power a pair of either of those subs "correctly" your looking at dual 250A alts, a battery bank, multiple runs of 1/0 or larger wire, and ALOT of time and effort.

what i am saying is that in a realistic, daily driver setting...that kind of set-up it over kill. (unless you are building a showcar for an audio shop or a strictly comp vehicle.)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1091
two of either of those subs with the proper wattage, and you wouldn't want to sit in the car! lol

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 382
i know that im lookin at dual alts, im pretty sure i can get 2 200A alts (i have one already). I would only do this if i could get the second alt installed. I also want to put a second battery run it through an isolator.

I know this would take a long time and losts of effort but I think I could get it done. I want something really loud that will place well in comps, but also be able to drive around with.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4263
I've installed and tested 1 15" MT. So far, it's the loudest sub I've heard in a while. With 1000w rms (not even close to the max power), just about everything in the car will rattle and shake. If you had 2 of them, I am positive, you can crack your windows/mirrors.
If you never heard your front hood vibrate, then you haven't experienced MT.
I will tell you one thing, the MTs are not meant for everyday driving! There is no way your ears and body can take it.
I'm thinking of selling my MT and downgrading. It is just too loud.

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 383
lol muddy I know. But Im just not sure one which one

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 384
"I'm thinking of selling my MT and downgrading. It is just too loud."

hmmmm haha, ! dunno what to do. I have 1 15" XXX in a ported box tuned to 27 hz. It sounds good, but its just not loud enough. I was looking into getting 3 or 4 RE sx's, but I think they might have to be in a sealed box becuase space is sorta an issue. ahhh what to do what to do lol

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1095
check this guy out. he seems to have the same interests as you richard. lol
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/161323.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 4266
If you think 15" XXX is not loud enough, then MT should be a good match. It handles almost 3x more power than XXX and I'd say 2x louder.
Try 1 MT first. You might go deaf before reaching 2nd MT.

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 385
hmmmm how do you think the sq measures up with the XXX? didn't u say that since your box had a lot of port area it sounded pretty good?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4268
My MT can hit 20Hz bass note without any problem. Since my port is tuned to 35Hz, that's when it's the loudest.
If you play a song with low bass drums, it will pound the crap out of your car. Unlike lot of cheaper subs, MT will produce the notes without distorting.
If you have lot of tailgate parties, then MTs will come in handy. It'll also annoy the $hit out of your neighbours.

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 386
Alright thanks for the info Isaac. I think im leanin towards 2 of the MT's. It's always fun pissin off my neighbors lol my current system already does. worst comes to worst, I downsize. But wheres the fun in starting small when you can start hugggge :-)

Anonymous

so which is louder? the MT's or the DD9500's?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4272
Go listen to MT and you will forget about everything else.

Anonymous

good cause I have one!

Anonymous

good cause I have one!

Username: Djman37

Mesquite, Tx Usa

Post Number: 1
Pretend you blow a sub and need a re-cone.
RE>DD in that arena.

Username: Djman37

Mesquite, Tx Usa

Post Number: 2
btw, I have 2 DD9515E's

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1131
the MT will get louder than the 9500 imo, but the 9900 and the MT might be a different story.

Bronze Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 28
it helps alot if you dont thump around towns and quite areas thats why they have the law that if your music can be heard X far (depend on state or w/e) thell give u a ticket
why dont they give tickets on those loud annoyin mufflers
the other day i saw this old beat up white car i froget which but it had i think a 5" exuast i mean that thing looked like a spare tire hanging from his bumper and it didnt even have a constant tone it sounded like a rusted machine gun and i kept hearing it for like 3 or 4 blocks down
i mean like a small 2.5 or 3" muffler with a silencer is nice u can hear it for like 15-20 ft but its a nice deep constant tone

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 387
That's the problem Isaac, I really can't go listening to subwoofers. I live in NH and theres really nothing around here. I mean local audio shops are mostly like KICKER YEAHHHH lol. I'm leanin a lot more towards the MT though. I just hope my second alt can get installed!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us