Amp Installation help

Username: Jinsus

Post Number: 5
a friend of mine insisted that I install her amp and subs. I'ts a 1800 4 channel pyramid amp. to 2 12'' mtx 8000s. I have some experience working with this stuff, but very limited.

Anyways, the amp kit she bought (raptor 1500watts).. the fuse wasn't on the actual power wire yet. and even after we disassembled it and stuck that wire in the little things, we couldn't get those little screws deep enough to get the plastic covering over it all. it was late, and not sure what to do.. I suggested covering the gold in tape to avoid any kind of potential electrcal shock. anyways, ran the ground wire to a bolt. I couldn't find a remoite wire on her head unit (what luck) so I just ran it the REM to the BATT on the amplifier, to see if at least worked at first. oh, and also the online fuse was in the trunk (should it be closer to the battery?) anyways.. after connecting the power wire to the amp and powering it all up, the little light on the amplifier didn't even turn to say it was recieving any kind of power.

now I don't know if it's a deffective amp (cheap, she bought it from some kid from school , used..) or if im just copmletely overlooking something or what. i've just recently gotten into car audio, so I don't know close to everything. but everything looks good from where i am, needless to say she had to leave (she snuck out and lives about 40 miles away from me) before i could try a few other things. I told her to take it to a professional to see if everything was fine. Any suggestions would be much apprectiated. thank you

Username: Slickrickracing

Woodworth, Louisiana United states

Post Number: 1
i have a bass tube amp that i wont to instill on a sock radio for 2 10's how do i install it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us