JL W7 reversed?

Username: Raging_ron

Post Number: 1
Ive been waiting about 2 years to customize my trunk. I have a JL 12" W7, a JL 500/1 and a 300/4. My plan was to have the amps under plexiglass and the sub in a sealed box but reversed. I got some feedback from different ppl but nothing definet. Some said it would toast the sub others said that you can only do that with certain subs.
I myself dont know. I would think that if you had the sub firing into the box that you may want to reverse the signal.
Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1373
just mount the sub normal...

Username: Johntheguy

Post Number: 8
you can mount it backwards. the signal can be connected either way also, but having it one way or the other may sound better in your vehicle.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 911
because of the way the surround is on a w7, to invert it i believe you will have to mount it from inside the box before it is complete. if it's possible at all with that sub

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 71
you can reverse it but like mikechec9 said the way it is built will require it to be mounted in the box before it is done.....and you also have to realize that sub is 11.5 inches deep. and you will need a really thick peice of plexiglass as that sub is heavy as hell. close to 50 pounds i believe. plus the stress that will be caused during use if you listen to it at high levels.......from all the info i have heard about JL put W7's inverted in a show car but they do not recommend it due to the design they went with.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us