Amp for avalanche

please HELP
Unregistered guest
Soundstream XTA880.2 Xstream

is this a good amp, or not? supposed to be 440w RMS x2.. over/under rated? thanks

-I konw it's not the best, but you gotta work with what you have ($$$)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3912
is it 440x2 at 4ohms or 2? what is it mono at 4ohms/2ohms? The new Soundstream amps arnt as good as the older amps but like you said you have to work with what you have.

please HELP
Unregistered guest
it's 440x2 at 2ohms... RMS

I just want something better than Hifonics I guess If you could recommend an a better amp for say 300... I could definitely consider it. I just essentially want the minimum I can get by with and still sound pretty good

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3915
well if ebay is an option look into orion HCCA 250g4 thats what I have my ava running off of but it is a current hog so I would deff recomend an upgrade on your elec system. If ebay is an option you can find plenty of amps that will work for you in that price range. I am a huge fan of the old SS refference line a refference 500 or 1000 would run it very well also a jbl bp 1200.1 would work well if you could find one. The RMS power on that sub is very underrated so it can handle 1000 watts all day long with no issue's whatsoever. That SS amp you are looking at will work but I would run it mono at 4ohms if I were you instead of 2 ohms stereo. What size box do you have your ava in?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3916
and good choice staying away from Hifonics it is garbage!

please HELP
Unregistered guest
the Avalanche WILL be in a ported enclosure (not sure yet about the exact but 3.5-4.5 cu ft. at 28hz )

also, the 165amp alt will be coming too with the amp...

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3919
cool if I were you I would tune that box a little lower down under 25 but thats up to you. The Freq response of the ava is 15hz so get that tuning a little lower. 4.5 is a good size if you can fit it. I asm running mine sealed at 2.5 with 800 watts and it sounds great so with that same amount of power ported it will really have serious output:-) good luck man.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us