MTX 4500's vs. RE12's

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 423
My friend has a kenwood 1000 watt amp pushing 2 MTX 4000's (or 4500's whatever). Probably about 175 rms apeice. They aren't quite as loud as my 2 RE12's with 100rms apeice but they also have much tighter bass. I don't know why. Some people suggested that when I put the 225rms to each of the RE's that the motor will be in full control and sound a whole lot better. It sure better. Also, in the song late night tip, my subs have a hard time hitting that low frequency. It can hit the other 2 just fine. The subs are bouncing out REALLY far for not having much power, they look like they are almost wildly being flung around. Still with all of this they maintain decent SQL. I still haven't noticed a major difference yet between the RE's and my Xplods. The RE's can go a little deeper and are a little more efficient with maybe a tad bit extra SQ but i am hoping something changes when I install this new amp.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 169
HAHAHA, you're using a Kenwood amp? Only use Kenwood HU's. Get a good amp, it'll change. Most likely you have that amp clipping that sub.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 425
no no no, he is. Mine is an Alpine mrp 350. Soon to be a kicker KX450.2

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 426
anyone?

Bronze Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 17
why dont u bridge ur 2 channels to 1 sub and see how that sounds
it wont be as loud but ull just test it to see what response it has to a correct amount of power

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 427
bump

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 431
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums