AP enclosure question-Glass

Bronze Member
Username: Slimjim

Caro, MI US

Post Number: 25
I just sold my Eclipse and I am going to order an IDMAX12. I have alot of options now. i have an amp that is 200x2 at 4 ohms, 300x1 at 4 ohms, 400x2 at 2 ohms, and 600x1 at 2 ohms. I know how AP enclosures work but I am not extremely knoledgeable about them. I've read that the membrane and the sub have to be totally seperate (like the the membrane in the trunk and the sub int the cabin). I have a suv so I believe i would have to make a wall( not gonna happen) or vent the membrane outside the car( not gonna happen). Is there anything else i could do to get it to work? Could i make a sealed box for the membrane to vent into? I'm not dieing for an AP enclosure, I'll probably go sealed or ported. But i am very interested in the idea of super-clean bass.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4720
The membrane is connected directly to the subwoofer. What you're referring to is that the back wave from the sub must be seperated from the front, like an infinite baffle application. Image Dynamics offers an AP membrane for the ID Max if I remember correctly, no experimentation required on your part.

Bronze Member
Username: Slimjim

Caro, MI US

Post Number: 26
yeah i heard about that, but the ID website wasn't working, thanks for the help.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10088
some more web info on AP boxes
http://www.maximacar.com/aperiodic.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us