Hey mikechec9 please help me out..!

Bronze Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 73
Hey i know from lookin at your system on your cardomain page (awesome setup by the way) that you have the Soundstream Van Gogh amp. I was lookin to get the the 600.2 to power my two JL 10w3v3-d4. question is what do u think of these amps? i think i read somewhere that u really liked it but just wanted to make sure. ohh yeah and it said sumthin about urs bein the last american made does that mean that the whole Van Gogh line was the last american made amp from Soundstream or was it just a few of the van gogh amps and then others were made over seas? cause ive hear that the new over seas Soundsream = Power Acoustik. If u could help me out it would be greatly appriciated.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 899
thanks.
yes. the van gohs are great amps. they are underated and push very clean signals. they are a true compliment to my iridiums. the two work really well together, and i wouldn't trust just any amp with these things.
yes, the vga line is the last of the american made soundstreams. this is the reason that they were disconitinued and the others remained. this worked out fine for me though because i got them all extremely cheap (770.00 between three).
i have absolutely no problems. the only caution light is the fact that they run a bit on the hot side. i figured this would be the case when i noticed their less than adequate heat sinks. but regardless, i push all my drivers very aggressively, and the amps havn't missed one beat.
i'm still working on venting my rear a/c under the false floor to help cool the amps though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 902
don't know if you've read it or not, but here is a fairly accurate and thorough review of the vga 500.4.
http://www.epinions.com/content_128841977476

Bronze Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 75
hey mike thanks alot i think thats the way im gonna go. Thanks again for your help!

Silver Member

Post Number: 908
sweet. keep us posted
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us