Orion xtr pro 1000

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 589
anyone know what they are rated at 12v or 14.4v? under rated? .5 ohm stable? what kind of whats at .5ohm if they are?...good/bad amp...i traded my 2 alpine mrd m501's for it....good/bad idea? let me know anything that might help thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10053
you traded for an amp you know nothing about?

MSRP $500
street price is $250

1 X 250 @ 4 Ohm
1 X 500 @ 2 Ohm
1 X 1000 @ 1 Ohm
Variable Low-pass 45Hz to 250Hz, variable high-pass with INTELLi Q 10Hz to 250 Hz, 10dB of boost with INTELLi Q
Two 40 amp ATC fuses

http://cgi.ebay.com/Orion-XTR-PRO-1000-CLASS-D-XTREME-MONO-SUB-AMPLIFIER_W0QQite mZ5805963105QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4245
The trade is just about even. I'm not a fan of Alpine amps. However, if you had Alpine HU, it would've been a good match.
Not sure if I would've traded 2 Alpine for XTR 1000.
It is a great amp. Not as good as HCCA, but still better than lot of the current amps on the market.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10057
the XTR line replaced a lot of the SX line, which is really just as good as the HCCA line was, just deisgned for different uses.. higher power amps without needing a low impedance.
mostly the same internals though, between both lines.
at laest they were when Orion was self-owned

Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 5
Last time I checked, orion stopped doing repairs, they offered trade up value for their older amps

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10081
there are still some repair shops that have older Orion schematics and do repair work on the classic or older amplifiers.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 590
i just bought a broken xtreme 500.4 for $10 and had it fixed for $32....so $42 for that amp was pretty good.....and i thought i would have made out trading those amps...and i kinda of did in my mind...i didnt really like the fact of having 1 amp per sub...it kind of cleaned up my stereo with only 1 sub amp. is it .5 ohm stable does anyone know?

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10100
no, it's not.
it's 2 ohm stable.
4 ohms bridged.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 595
no...lol...not the 500.4.....is the xtr pro 1000 .5 ohm stable?

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10146
I've told you about 5 times now. the XTR Pro 1000 is ONE OHM STABLE
go see that URL I gave you last time you asked.

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=4&post=447140#POST447140

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 600
5 times?...no...you pasted the specs the first time you answered me but i thought ive heard that people have used these at .5 ohm.

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 26
You can run it at .5ohm, not recomended nor good for the amp. It is not stable at .5, and the amount of watts is not worth damaging the amp...harder and harder to fix them. manufacture does not repair them any longer. I ran the pro 2400 at one time, Orion told me that if it drops to 1ohm it actually cuts the power back in half, I gues they way they set the amp up....maybe to keep from burning them up. If you are really unsure of an amp, best to use the recomended specs....safe then sorry

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 601
thanks...just figured that it might be a better idea but if its not completely stable then im not going to risk it.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10219
the same question was asked in at least two other threads was my point.

anyway like I said, it's 1 ohm stable.
I've run 2 ohm stable orion amps at 1 ohm as well, but it was a temporary fix at the time, and back then I did my own work on orion amps so if I blew anything it wasn't any big deal.. I had the parts and papers there to do the work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4280
GW, do you still have the papers for Orion HCCA 275G4?
I need to fix one.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10245
not the schematics. I'm waiting to see if I can get my hands on a whole mess of orion schematics though.. directly from DEI. I'm just not sure how long it'll take or if it'll happen for sure.
they have to scan all of them to pdf before sending them, and it's not a high priority.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 205
Is the makes or Viper also the makers of Directed, Orion, and PPI?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4283
Hook me up GW, when that miracle ever happens. I'd gladly scan it for them.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10281
yes Matt. Directed, Viper, a/d/s, Orion, PPI.. all owned and made by DEI.

Isaac, it's a wide format scanner they need to use.. these are blueprint type sheets.. big, and difficult to scan without the right hardware. That's partly why it's taking them a while. They just recently found some of the older documents from DEI's ADST acquisition.
Apparently they got everything from ADST in boxes, in no particular order.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 602
GW- you wouldnt happen to know how old my amp is would you...it has the black center piece and the gun metal edges.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10360
that XTR Pro?
I'd say.. late 90s maybe? Easiest way to tell for sure is just pop the cover and look for the silkscreening on the PCboard.. it'll be dated somewhere with the year of mfg.
That's a DEI amp.. but not a bad amp at all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us