JBL W12GTI Series opinions

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 106
Does anyone have opinions on the JBL GTI series? I'm exploring all options, 10,12, and 15". The 12" is 700 RMS and the 15" is 800 RMS.

I was thinking of pairing one of these subs to a JBL GTO 1201.1 Amp..... What do you think??? Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
know that with 2 subs over 1 sub (same sub, and same amp) you will get a +3 dB gain... but would one W12GTI with the JBL GTO 1201.1 be louder than 2 12" Power acoustiks (700 rms each) and a PA 880 RMS amp?

I know there is a lot more that goes into deciding how loud each set-up would be, but my PA's are in a sealed box now, and if i get the JBL W12GTI, i would port it...which usually gives a 3 dB gain over a sealed box correct?

So in a sense each set-up cancels each other out in dB gain... and the fact that i would have about 150-200 more watts driving the JBL sub, it would probably be louder, and sound a heck of a lot better than my current PA set-up....right???

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
Anybody????

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 905
i've never heard one.
gary biggs and mark eldridge both took 2nd and 1st place, respectively, in last years iasca finals using the gti's though.
their cars are also among many top competitors'/judges top 5 best sounding vehicles. although, if you've seen them, you know that install was truly 90% of the end.
Tom nousaine reviewed the sub back in mobile entertainments' december 2003 issue:
"the jbl sub produced strong, pulsating, bass-head frequency sweeps, deep enveloping organ swells, muscular electric bass, ground-shaking thunderstorms, chest-pounding black powder cannon shots, and natural -sounding upright acoustic bass perfectly placed in space."
it's a dual 6ohm sub though, so i don't know how that plays into your options

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
how would you wire that to get it to work with a amp in 2 ohms or 1 ohm????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us