Ulitmate SQ 4 channel (or 5 Channel) amp upgrade - calling Glass, Isaac and others

Username: Fordfanatic

Toronto, ON

Post Number: 4
Hi there

First of all, I'm very new to this forum, please forgive me if I'm duplicating another thread.

I'm currently running a solid 4 channel amp (Memphis ST3004 - 75x4 @4ohms) but am thinking of upgrading to a "keeper amp" something I will keep for the next several years. The Memphis is a great amp, but some tell me there are appreciably better 4 channel amps out there.

Because I run a 4 channel for the 4 corners (Memphis Mclass components up front, Memphis MClass coaxes out back) and a bridged 2 channel for my single 10" sub, part of me would like to replace the amp section with a single multi-channel amp (I drive a Ford Explorer Sport Trac - my storage space internally is extremely limited). Not fixated on this, just a thought if I can get one with enough horsepower and quality - otherwise show me the best 4 channels.

What are the best 4 or more channel amp out there (I can spend up to about US$2500-3000)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1015
check out www.zapco.com

paricularly the C2K 4.0X:-O

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4243
If you want a "keeper" amp, try this item on eBay. 5806661739. That is one of the best amps PPI made.
If you have the space, I'd get 2 Zapco C2K 6.0x amps for your components. You can't get any better than that. It will be within your budget.
The C2K 4.0X is a great amp, but not as well packed as 6.0X. So if you have the space, get C2K 6.0x. You won't regret it. You will also get most of your money back in the future if you do sell.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10033
Zapco's Competition series, or McIntosh amplifiers would both be excellent amplifeirs to kep for years and years. So would anything from Brax.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us