Are your subs accurate?

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 152
Ok, I've listened to a lot of music on my subs, however cheap they may be, I've found that with music like Rap, the bass sounds, OK, and is a little laggy. HOWEVER, with classical, it's pretty accurate, and with the fastest type of music, metal (techno doesn't count, it's for nerds) I've noticed that when the drummer goes to 16th notes or faster on his bass drum, my subs keep up VERY VERY well.

Are there any subs that are reasonably priced and very accurate and loud with all music?

My subs were accurate sounding with all music at low levels, but when it came to high levels, metal was the only type of music they were very accurate with, followed by rock, classical, pop, country, and last was rap. Is it just that rap is terrible sounding bass-wise?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4240
What is "accurate" to you? Just cause a sub can keep up with the "fast" bass/drums doesn't mean it is accurate.
RAP will make any sub sound "OKAY". It is when you play classical music that you notice how far off it is to being "real" or "live" like.
ID MAX/RE X.X.X./JLW7 should all be able to produce accurate bass without distorting.

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 377
"(techno doesn't count, it's for nerds)"

Techno is the sh!t lol

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4712
Rap is generally very poorly recorded. With rap, headroom is a thing of the past. A lot of heavier rock is poorly recorded as well. As far as subs that are accurate and loud, that will depend on how loud you're talking.

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
I mean at a subs RMS levels. As loud as it can get without blowing. And yet, still keep up with the beats without lagging or sounding muddy. That's what I think to be accurate.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10041
two RE XXX 12" subs (XBL^2 motors_ with over 1Kw to each sub, in an aperiodic box. very very tight and accurate, and very linear at high excursion. Also pretty darned loud.
Not however, reasonably cheap.

Bronze Member
Username: Clownass

Post Number: 18
Morel, Old MB Quart Premiums, Infinity Kappa Perfects, CDT, DD as well as what Isaac said are a few to look into.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4716
Best performers at their limits are the XXX and the W7 in my book. Then the Brahma and ID Max.

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
Hehe, I wish I could afford those. How about the V-Max's I wanna buy? Will they perform pretty tight bass (better than what I have) and at high levels sound good and what not?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4717
What kind of subs do you have? I'd go for the Image Dynamics IDQ, the Arc Audio ARC subs, or the Adire Audio Shiva on a budget.

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
I have Volfenhags at the moment. Looking to upgrade to 2 good 12's. Preferably no more than $150 each. (I still gotta get a 4-Channel amp, cap, and and alt. so money isn't completely an option like some of these rich mof0's on here lol) Something, loud, clean, rich, tight, smooth, pretty. No, I'm not describing my ideal wife either!

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
Ok, I found an Adire Audio site, but couldn't find their products on it. Checked out the Arc Audio sub, and it's got less power than my current subs, but are they just underrated? And what's the ID site? I got some crazy thing earlier for it...

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2704
Are those any good? I'm sure I could get them a little cheaper!

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1026
http://imagedynamicsusa.com/page.php?page=products#

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10060
http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1944

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1031
you have to be logged in for that one too.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 903
naw. just hit "go." it should bypass the sign in screen
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us