Possible subwoofer problems

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 421
Ok, most people know my system (2 RE12's in a sealed box and an Alpine MRP-350 amp pushing 100rms to each). I was checking out the subwoofers today with everything running full tilt and I noticed that there is a decent amount of air leaking from the sides of the woofers and in between the steel mounting bracket and the foam gasket on top of it (for people with RE's who know what I am talking about). What is an easy way to solve this air leaking problem? I can't hear it from inside the car but I am sure i am losing a little SQL from it. Also, the Xmax of those subs is insane. I am only putting 100rms apeice and they move out probably 50% more than the Xplod's with 175rms apeice. I hope the Xmax doesn't double when I increase the watts to 225rms apeice. Are either 1 of these problems anything to worry about? Any what should I do to correct them? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 422
bump

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4241
Who made the box? For SQ, you need to fix any leaks. I use a sealing glue called "GOOP" from CrappyTire store. It not only seals most cracks/leaks, it also glues and stays semi soft. I used it with my RE 15" MT.
You apply the glue all around the box where the sub comes in contact. Then install the sub onto it. That will for a perfect seal. Now you dip the screws into the glue and screw it. That will also seal the screw holes.
If done right, there should be no leaks, anywhere period.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us