Blowing fuses, whats wrong

Unregistered guest
Ok ive seen some posts about this but none of them are exactly what im looking for.... heres my situation... Subs and amp worked fine (2 12' infinity subs, legacy amp) then i took them out to make some room for a trip. Put them back in, they worked for a few weeks then my fuse blew. I bought another one, blew again. Changed the ground, blew again.... is it my ground, or what is wrong??
Ive heard that it might be a blown sub. My subs are the old infinity's so thats possible... Any suggestions? Thanks
Kyle

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10019
more likely the amplifier failed. Very typical of Legacy amplifiers. They're one of the worst quality products you could've ended up with.
The solution is most likely just to get a more reliable amplifier.

bomby
Unregistered guest
failed?? so theres nothing i can do about it except buy a new amp?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10023
well, if its still under warranty I guess you could get it repaired or replaced.. but you'd still have a legacy amplifier as a result.
Those infinity subs aren't very power hungry anyway so you can get a good class D amp to drive them without spending more than about $200-300 total. It's really not so bad. At least it wasn't a really expensive amp that failed :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us