Help With Subwoofer

Unregistered guest
I have two power acoustic 12" subs in an airtight box in my car. They are hooked up to a 2000watt amp. I had it unhooked for about a month and then I was hooking it back up today and now only one speaker works. These speakers are basically brand new (about 2 months old). Does anyone have any suggestions about what I can do? I have checked the speaker wires and all the other things seem to be okay.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 529
you get literally no sound or anything at all out of it? Thats hard to fathom if its all hooked up correctly as it was before as you said. Besides your amp, do you have other way at all to test speakers? Or inversely, do you have any other speakers you can test your amp with?

Bekki
Unregistered guest
Yeah, I was thinking that since it is a 4 channel amp and i have the two hooked up to 3 and 4 i could try to hook them up to channel 1 and 2 and see if they work. someone suggested that it could be the RCA ports on the amp??? No sound at all. The only movement it even makes is the reverbation from the other speaker.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 535
oh alright, when you said it was a 2 kw amp, i just assumed it was class D. Wait, is the enclosure partitioned or not? (seperate space for each sub) There's plenty of things that it could be but since you've already used the setup before in the same car with all the same stuff, thats a little harder to troubleshoot over the internet. Definately, the first thing to do would be to try using the amps other channels. If that solves the problem then either that particular channel is blown or you're aren't getting a good connection with the RCAs. Also, if you're using channels 3 and 4, try reversing the RCAs. If the sub works but the other one doesn't, you just need to replace the RCAs

bekki
Unregistered guest
I fixed it.....somehow the connection had rattled loose so it's good as new now....thanx for all your help!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us