STROKER PRO 15

incognito
Unregistered guest
any one have one of these or heard them?

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 112
CV is the sh!t lol. That sub isn't for everyday drivers though, according to GlassWolf I believe. It's strictly for SPL. But definitely, if that's what you're after, it will more than provide.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 874
not at all. the sub is sql. very rave reviews by credible columnists. its not like the first version that were indeed spl with absolutely no musicality. these shine, but are too expensive to even audition.

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
Um, are you telling me GlassWolf is wrong? About a week or so ago, I had a post aruging these to be better than the JL W7's, and he showed me that it's apples to oranges, and that these subs are for SPL/Burps. And NOT the everyday driver.

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
And now that I think of it, you may have read it wrong in the columns. This sub does sound good, at high levels where it is intended to be played. But how many people honestly drive around with excess of 150dB of bass in there cars on a normal basis?

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 881
first-no i'm not saying anyone is wrong. i recall the thread (or a similar one w/ the same members) and i posted on it as well. It was Tom Nousaine who reviewed the sub in the june/july issue of road gear. while tom is a very reputable guy, i admitted even then (in the same thread) that i am extremely skeptical of sub reviews, or reviews in general, in this extremely capitalistic, "kick back" diluted society. nonetheless, his review, although not incredibly in depth, warranted consideration.

2- i don't read wrong. the sub was subsequently reviewed in the october edition of CA&E where they also gave the sub excellent reviews. except this time it was very much in depth.

"This sub does sound good, at high levels where it is intended to be played." that's like saying a brahma only sounds good at high volume levels. most subs that are able to play at high volume levels DONT sound good/musical at such levels. it's not like race cars that only operate at high rpm. who would argue that it's a negative that a sub still sounds good at high levels?
As per "the column": "It does its job at all levels." the pro scored 8/10 in clarity at low volume, 9/10 at high volume, and it scored a subjective total of 88/100.

i'm not a cv fan, per se. nor am i a fan of judging subs based on others' reviews. the fact is this sub costs too much for me to audition as i stated above. but i am an audiofile and as such am an emphatic reader on the subject.
YOU were the one comparing the sub to a W7. not myself. saying a sub sounds as good as a proven sql beast such as the w7 (or brahma, xxx..) without hearing it is a mistake on your part. my point is that the stroker pro is not merely an spl sub as was its predecessor. it actually has a considerable musical component to it.

if you can't hear a sub, you should at least read before passing judgeement on it. and then learn to understand t/s specs so that you can at least make an accurate generalization. at bare minimum.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us