Will 2 12" atlas sound good

Bronze Member
Username: Youngblood

Post Number: 52
ok a friend of mine was looking for subs, and he didnt want to spend too much(typical)so i told him that ive heard good things about 12" shivas and atlas'...they are selling for $100 on ascendants site as we speak...he asked me if i could build him a box.....i was thinkin about a 4 cube box tuned to 31 hz...any opinions???...also my good friend thinks hes all bad cuz he has 2 12" w6v2s in a slot ported box and in his mind nothing will sound better than his setup, so my question is, how would 2 12" shivas or 2 12" atlas in a 4cube box tuned to 31hz, run off a kicker kx600.1 amp compare to 2 12" w6v2s in the about a 3 cube slot ported box tuned to about 38 hz run off a MTX 1501d amp????? are they close or is that bast@rd right for once in his life???

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 212
They have been out of all of their subs for months now. They got rid of the XBL2 technology and are changing their motors. Sorry to break that bad new to you. You cant get the shivas yet either.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 945
this forum is screwed up again.:-(

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
no big deal on the time issue with me......we can wait....i dont know how recent the site is but ascendant said the new ones will come out in about a month and the new shivas are posed to be out soon also...i assume that both, or at least the shiva is already on backorder and im just fine with that.....id rather wait and buy something that i hear good good things about then buy decent stuff asap

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
i was just on easyaudio.com and accoding to them the new shivas are suppoed to be in stock on 9/17/2005...i dont know if this is true but they are a listed dealer on the adire site ....and ive been reading that the shivas are being priced at a "hefty" $179 (lol)....from what ive heard about this sub id say its well well worth the money

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 213
Everything keeps getting pushed back, and i wouldnt count on either one of the time frames you listed. Adire hasnt sold any products for atleast 9 months, and ascendant 3 months. The shivas i would say another month or more, but i cant say for sure. I wouldnt expect ascendant to produce the new product for quite a while, and it's not going to be the same sub as before as it wont have the XBL2 mother.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us