Glasswolf help, your install expertise is needed!

Bronze Member
Username: Wj94

Post Number: 39
i just bought a single 12" RE SE sub and i went to measure my trunk today (2000 mustang) and it's bout 32" wide, 24" deep, but the height is around 15" at the front of the trunk and slopes down to 11" at the back of the trunk. i wanted to have a box made that was 2 cu. ft. ported (14" high, 20" wide, 18" deep). i don't see how it could possibly fit and it's really bugging me at the moment.

do you think i might be better off asking david (from RE) to build me a 10" SE sub with the RE X-X-X voice coils instead so that i have roughly the same power (possibly more) and build a smaller ported box for that? let me know what you think, thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1711
just build the box so the sub sits at an angle instead of sitting at 90 degrees.
it'll fit.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
someone suggested that i have him build a ported box with the sub facing upwards. do you think this would be a good idea? would this lose any SQ as opposed to having the sub at 90 degrees or at an angle?

Anonymous

you might hear a few more ratels

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1720
firing up works, too.. but I'd put a grille over the sub to protect it then, otherwise you lose your entire trunk usage for storage of any sort.. even a simple suitcase if you travel.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
http://img4.photobucket.com/albums/v29/wickedjuggalo94/Misc/single_10_33hz.jpg

i ended up getting the 10" SE w/ the X-X-X voice coils and going with that box design....whatcha think?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1743
looks nice

I've been helping a friend of mine set up his new RX-8 these last few weeks.
fun car.
small.. but fun.

diamond hex components, two 12W3 JL subs, PG amps, factory source with a line level out conversion harness for the bose unit that controls his Navi system.. (all integrated, no dash kits yet)
stuff like that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us