Silver Member
Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 154
What I have...
Eclipse CD5444
DLS Iridium Fronts
DLS 426 Coaxils rear (off HU)
Eclipse 3321 (Old School 75x2 amp)
Hifonics Z600 (6 years old Hifonics like new)
600x1 @ 4 ohms.

I have to decide between the following 3 setups.

2 10" Arc Series Woofers. (Special deal $250 shipped) 250 watts RMS, Supposed to sound better than IDQ.
(Basically Modified IDQ, newer tech) 14mm Xmax

2 Koda 10" (new series) (Special deal $400 shipped) XBL^2 Drivers that fit. 300 watts RMS (mechanical I think) 18.5mm X-max

2 DLS 10" Iridium Subs & new DLS A6 amp (1200 watts @ 1 ohm) (Very special deal @ 925 Shipped) 500 watts RMS conservative 14mm Xmax

Please do not suggest other woofers as I can only use these do to their shallow mounting depth. I'm not sure if I should keep the Hifonics amp for the first 2 deals, I have been told I will get better SQ from a better amp, or a real good A/B amp.

Looking for a SQ or SQL setup, subs will be installed under Nissan TItan King Cab's rear seats in a down & rear firing box approximately .75 ft^3 Sealed.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 462
if those are the only choices i would go with the koda's.

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 211
i would go with the Iridiums to round out a complete DLS system. I am sure you know that they have got to be a fantastic SQ sub just like all of their other stuff.

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
I hear the DLS are great, but I have never heard any of the 3 I listed nor am I able to test them first. Would the DLS get as loud as the kodas and sound better doing it? If so their their MSRP price would justify it lol. I would hate to pay so much more for a woofer with slightly less output than the Adire and that does not sound as good as the ARC's. I mean if I can get the ARC's for $125 and have the same result at a much more expensive Iridium I'd rather save the $700, but if not I don't mind spending the extra cash. Kodas also have a 3 year warranty where as teh DLS only have 2 and I doubt as good of customer service. I am thinking they may sound better than a BL optimized driver though, but again I have never heard a Brahma XXX Ava etc so I don't really know what a BL Optimized woofer sounds like..

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4680
1)DLS
2)Arc
3)Kodas

That's the order I'd get them in. Kodas would be the louder sub, but not by enough to make a night and day difference.

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
Jonathan, do you think the DLS are better enough to fustify the $700 price difference from the ARC's then?

If I was going to only run one sub would you get them in the same order?

Thanks man!

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
Jonathan, do you think the DLS are better enough to justify the $700 price difference from the ARC's then? Or did you put ARC second because they would be more clear than the kodas?

If I was going to only run one sub would you get them in the same order?

Thanks man for all your help, so far it looks like I'm going DLS.

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
I just found out that it is recomended I only run 1 Voice coil on the DLS woofer in a sealed enclosure which is also much larger than running both coils

heres the specs

Rec. vented box with voice colis in series : Vol. 29 liter (1,02 cuft). Port 3" dia, 30 cm (11,8"). F3=33 Hz
Rec. sealed box with single voice coil : Vol. 32 liter (1,13 cuft). F3=42,2 Hz
Rec. sealed box with voice coils in parallel : Vol. 21,75 liter (0,77 cuft). F3=59,3 Hz

So I would need eiher a large box else have the sub tuned to 60 hz which I'm not sure is good for SQ.

Should I look into getting 1 Arc Audio sub? Will this thing shake my truck decently? I had 2 12 W0's before in a bandass box and that was loud enough for my taste I just want it to sound better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us