Bose system in my Q45, Adding Beat? Please help

Unregistered guest
I'm runnin into massive problems trying to find and hookup a system in my 97 q45. (A big 4-door sedan with a big trunk, for those not familiar with the car). But it has a stock bose system that sounds pretty damn good at this point but ive been fiendin for some beat in the thing for months.

I already have a nexus lion 2000 watt amp and a q-loqic box. So my question is how should i go about adding knock to the bose sound system. People at car audio shops have told me they would need to charge like 200 just for installation to wire my car because of the bose system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

also, Should i replace my deck? ive heard that bose systems sound pretty crappy when you replace the deck and I also remember a car audio shop telling me it would cost an extra $100 if i wanted to change my deck because they'd have to bypass the bose system or something. Also i heard that i just keep the bose deck and they use a "high-low converter" i guess is what its called to send beat to the subs that you can hear the alternator whine over the speakers or something along those lines?

Any sort of advice or comment would really help, or just a general discussion of adding knock to Bose systems, replacing bose decks, oh and any info on the NEXUS LION amp that i have would be helpful too, dont really know anything about it.

P.S. I live in the Bay Area, so if anyone reads this from the Bay with 2 12's they would like to sell me, let me know.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9982
leave the stock system
get a JL Audio Cleansweep module to adapt an amplifier to the system
get the amp and subs, and you're all set.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 883
i was just gonna say that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us