Needing box deminsions, please help glass,gold members

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 764
Needing deminsions for a ported box to house 2 12" sxs that will be no longer in width than 31" inches. I need this to fit in the back of my celica.

Also, which would you buy, a bodykit ( everywhere here.. ) or lambo doors ( i'd be the only person around with them ) .. let me know guys.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 954
2 sx12's in a celica...that has a good chance of being VERY loud.

you may wanna try 30" x 13.5" x 26"...with a 12" x 4" port that is 20.5" long. (this would have subs firing either back or forward.) that would be 4cu ft tuned to 35hz.

but w/ a celica you would prolly wanna have the subs firing up, toward the glass. in that case, i would have to have the max height that you can make the box. So how tall can the box be?

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 765
i'll get right on that :P.. since it angles on hatch back I don't really know how to answer it..

if it angles going up.. how would i measure it?

And i'm glad you like the idea :P

Should I get a lambo kit or bodykit also. :P. lol

I will probably just have the subs put in normal firing outward, I don't see a reason for otherwise since it'll be ported unless there is one I don't know about?

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 955
most hatchbacks like subs firing up. i have seen guys run celicas in SPL comps and get really nice #'s off of lower end equipment.

as for the measurement...measure how tall the box can be at the lowest point. (where ever the hatch is closest to the trunk floor.) the only real problem i see, is getting enough current to run ~2000wrms worth of amps. you would need an HO alt for sure and prolly a yellow-top. you may wanna just get 1 15"...it would be darn loud, take up less space, need less power, and be cheaper.

by the way...just how loud do you wanna be?

oh yea...bodykit.

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 767
I'm upgrading my 80 amp alt to a 120 amp alt

Planned on only running about 700 max to each cause I can't afford it right now.. and I already have a single 12" SX :P

Upload
Upload
Upload

I would like to be the loudest person at EKU college and I seriously think I can pull it off with this setup, and it's gonna go with my bodykit I suppose :P. lol.

I'll take some pics of my celly later and measure it when I get time for sures.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4213
I thought you gave up on car audio? Wasn't that the reason why you were selling your other sub?
If you wanted to be the loudest, you should've invested in MTs or even X.X.Xs.
I'd go with lambo door kit.

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 768
Issac, I did but since I have nothing better to spend my money on... well lol.

I got a deal on this sx so an MT/X.X.X would have been out of the question as far as price goes.. Id love to trade my SX with some cash to one of the two if anyone would be interested anyway.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us