When you here tune your sub to 35 hz which adjustment does that exactly

Username: Vic_in_explorer

Sanford, Florida United States

Post Number: 9
How do i adjust my amp to that frequency? A dumb question i would imagine. Whats wrong is i keep tinkering with my adjustments and im just noticing positives and negatives with different adjustments. So subsonic filters block lower tones that your speakers cant handle? If that is correct then i guess other frequency adjustments control or block higher frequencies. Someone please clear this up a little for me. By the way I have 2 Kicker L7s that I purchased before i knew much of this thread and i also have them in a prefab dual ported enclosure that has 5.5 cubic feet combined internal airspace. This box does not have a divider in it. Is that a bad thing?

Username: Vic_in_explorer

Sanford, Florida United States

Post Number: 10
How do i adjust my amp to that frequency? A dumb question i would imagine. Whats wrong is i keep tinkering with my adjustments and im just noticing positives and negatives with different adjustments. So subsonic filters block lower tones that your speakers cant handle? If that is correct then i guess other frequency adjustments control or block higher frequencies. Someone please clear this up a little for me. By the way I have 2 Kicker L7s that I purchased before i knew much of this thread and i also have them in a prefab dual ported enclosure that has 5.5 cubic feet combined internal airspace. This box does not have a divider in it. Is that a bad thing?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9920
usually it means if you're using a ported enclosure, teh box port has to be tuned to that frequency (this is determined by the cross sectional area of the port.. if the port is round, frequency is adjusted based on the length of the port(s))

You also need to set the amplifier's subsonic filter frequency to that of the port tuning frequency, and set the low pass filter on the amp to between 50 and 80Hz depending on your system and setup.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9921
adding to that, the frequency at which the box is tuned is the point at which it's most efficient, so that's where you get the most output from the sub. For good deep bass, 25 to 35Hz is a good range depending on the sub's specs.
Sealed boxes aren't tuned. They play "flat" throughout their response range.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us