Going Broke on fuses!

NathanR
Unregistered guest
I just got my amp back from a warrenty job and it and of course it worked for about fifteen minutes and then it went into protect, so i changed the fuses and checked the wiring, turned it on volume @ zero and click there goes two brand new fuses. i have it bridged @ 2 ohms and i checked all the wiring and triple checked the ground because it sounds like blowing fuses would be a ground problem. Is there another problem that i would blow fuses like this?

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 511
actually a poor ground would save your fuses, but the amp wouldn't work either...First of all, what brand amp is this, what is it rated at, what are you fusing it at, and which fuses are blowing? Are they fuses on the amp itself or the fuses you put on the wiring?

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 610
get yourself a circuit breaker...instead of a blown fuse, you have a flipped switch, all you have to do is flip the switch back then...

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9896
gain on the amp may be set too high, and very very few amps are stable to 2 ohms when bridged. Most are stable to 2 ohms stereo and 4 ohms bridged.
That'd cause the fuses to blow trying to draw twice the current.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9897
note, may also be a blown sub causing a dead short across one of the speaker terminals. that'll blow fuses instantly as well, or fry the amp if there's no fuse to protect it.
zero load means infinite current draw.. not good for an amp's power supply or output FET rails.

NathanR
Unregistered guest
The Amp Is a Soundstorm force 2800 and i use 2 25 fuses the same as there were in it when i bought it.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9953
there's the problem then. really poor quality amp. probably failed out of the box.
pretty common with that soundstorm junk.
sorry

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3478
yes soundstorm is major junk which i bought when they first came out and never will again and if memory serves they arent 2 ohms stable bridged only 4 ohms as glasswolf said
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us