Is Audiobahn any good?

Username: Tasattack

Post Number: 1
Ive been reading some posts on this forum, and quite frankley you people are retarded bashin audiobahn. your just scared becasue you know how sick they make you when someone with a 10 rolls by clownin on your fosgates, or jl's or kicker.

Obviously all you audiobahn h8ers have no clue as to what kind of power and spl they are capable of. And for sound Q they are phenominal, ive had 1 audiobahn 10" hit harder than peoples 2, and even 3 12" of other brands mentioned earlier. They dont distort, they get low and hit from beginning to the very end.

Apparently most of you people buy from dumbass people to begin with, either that or are just ignort and know nothing of the company. i will never EVER buy anything but audiobahn or infinity, so go sit on your jls, kickers, RF, mtx and F yourselves.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 949
RF, Kicker, MTX, Infinity, RE, Adire, JL > Audiobahn

:-) have a nice day

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 877
"i will never EVER buy anything but audiobahn or infinity"

*sigh* Rotten Tomatoes and Apples.

how can you say that you would buy audiobahn if you would be smart enough to buy infinity you Circuit City Wh*re!

i have heard 4 Audiobahn 12's in my friends car and it sounds like someone is beating on a Rubbermaid Garbage Can.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 845
yeah dude. audiobum rules! i was in the parking lot at lionel playworld poundin, man and this chick walked up and frowned cuz it sounded like trash and bologna. then she peeped into the hatch and saw the bling bling flames on those things and it was over! so hot, man.
then i slid on the ultra cool white glove that came with them, just like michael jackson.
dude i tell you. no matter how much toilet water these things suck, you just can't beat the cheap flaky chrome shine, man. word.

advise: sell your audiobums and buy a life.

jmo

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 846
or a funky pup or something

Bronze Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 50
Thats why they make so many diffrent brands, so if he wants to waste his money more power to him

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 124
obviously he's gone deaf from listening to those crap subs. The JL and Kicker demo vehicles I've heard would blow the cones on audiobahn subs from a mile a way. I'd like to see 1 audiobahn 10 go up against my 3 jl 12w3v2's the audiobahn would have it's @$$ handed to it thats a joke.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 847
chrome lovers make statements like this to get a 65 post thread out of the forum. its not worth taking seriously. its happened time and time again. really

Post Number: 2
I posted to get more than 65 posts allright, and also because i love chrome and spinning wheels. Not! You people are retarded. Completely oblivious to what is really out there, keep on lovin your lousy jls, and kicker sh*t and what ever else you have a hard on for because its all garbage to me.

Ive heard too many mtx, jl, kicker and none of it even hits to me. course you dumb@$$e$ would prob bash that mtx jackhammer. No i dont particularly like mtx, but the jackhammer is an innovative piece of audio equipment. As far as audiobahns go i never mentioned where i purchased mine and i wont release that info since none of you know whats good for you.

I would rather spend 300$ on lanzar than purchase anything jl/kicker/mtx/fosgate.

...almost forgot about orion hcca amps, most powerful amps that can handle half an ohm, but "you" would prob rather buy jl or kicker instead of that.

Apparently non of you can wire them up correctly either, ive never had distortion just str8 crystal clear bass.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1361
jackhammer...not practical for everyday use...

i'd personally rather have no system then run an audiobahn system.

Go to a car audio show, sit in some of the vehicles that have tens of thousands of dollars of audio equpitment put into them...You tell me that you'd rather have audiobahn over a full rainbow audio/focal setup.

In conclusion, yea i have no conclusion, kill yourself.

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 766
jeff = new idol.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9939
audiobahn makes some subs that can get quite loud, but the quality of sound is very lacking at high output. The company's practices are also very underhanded and sleazy, but if you're happy with your system T, that's all that matters in the end. The sad part is that instead of providing some objective data to back up your position, all you've succeeded in doing is insulting everybody on the forum, and you've made yourself look like an @$$ doing so.

I apparently know nothing about car audio either though since I fit into a number of your cookie cutter stereotypes noted in your initial post, but I'd be more than willing to put my system against anything you have in a sanctioned IASCA event for points. I'm using three amplifiers (250 watts RMS x 2) along with two twelves, and front speakers. That's it. Nothing fancy. It's a very simple system.

by the way, how do you like the logitech z680 setup you're using on your PC?

Bronze Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 100
Now wait just a damn minute. I have the Audiobahn A8000T, and in a financial crunch, so far it's delivered very nice sound for $150! Isaac, (a highly knowledgeable person from what I've gathered) recommended this amp to me, and he was definitely right as it puts out a lot of power and sounds pretty damn good. I agree about Kicker's Solo series being crap, but not the Comps, and I'm not a huge fan of their amps, and would rather have a JL 1000/1 if I could afford that craziness!

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3575
Their amps aren't the biggest problem. For the money they're not the worst things in the world.

Bronze Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 52
I love my kicker setup, just not my SUV anymore (GAS!)

robert r d r d
Unregistered guest
you cant really say what sucks and wats not because it is all personal preference

u can just say on majorities who likes wat more which give better advice for what people should choose before hearing

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 894
robert, a little off-topic, but why don't you register? join the cause! lol

robert r d r d
Unregistered guest
lol just lazy i guess and im still learning hear and there
but wow i must admit i improved alot since i started here went from audiofonics amp and audiobahn subs to sayin jackhammers suck then to gangster A## sytem setups and better and better installs

robert r d r d
Unregistered guest
well jack hammers dont suck suck there just a waste for that much money and power

robert r d r d
Unregistered guest
oh and i frogot to mention i was at best buy just lookin at the pioneer p7770 or w/e the model number is but i like it alot for bout 180 on ebay
i saw some kids lookin at some amps and stuff and they wanted a 1700w mono kenwood for 300 and then subs and other stuff
so i asked if they wanted to buy a 1500w system for 300$ wires and installed and they seemed very interested and told me they would call me bout 2 - 3 tommarow so those RE's are looking nice
hopefully thell buy my head unit also and speakers
so the p7770 will look nice also

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 896
agreed. now click that little link up top that says register.:-) lol

yeah, you could go with 2 MT's that would blow that CrackJammer{c} away. lol

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 897
screwed that up..... CrackJammer©

Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

well this posts pops my ecoustics forum cherry ;)

lol i wanted to look up the stas on the MT's and the site said to many configurations to see ... i was like wow
wasnt audiobahn designing a 32" or something

somethingredicolousihavetomakeup
Unregistered guest
do yourself a favor..get something you can plug into the wall, i.e. an extention chord, preferably with no ground. cut it near the female end, strip the end of the wire so the nice copper wire is exposed...shiny isnt it...kinda like ur audiobahns, now wire one part of that wire to the positive terminal of your audiobahn, and the other to the negative terminal. now remember we are using a household plug here so take the part that will stick into the outlet...stick it in and watch the entertainment. imo that is the only entertainment you will get out of an audiobahn sub. i have a jl audio w6-v2 and a jl 500/1 and i will put my sub up against urs any day.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 383
Well stop being so damn lazy & register - lol ,only takes 2 minutes ...Upload
Your name is popping up all over the place . Upload

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 898
"well this posts pops my ecoustics forum cherry ;)"

that is wrong in more ways than one! LMAO

Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

lol somethingredicous i know i dont really like my setup but then i was a noob i didnt really know much bout subs just went to the flee and bought some stuff
and the bling does attract people but it was also very cheap

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 375
hahaha

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 384
OK - as i was posting above i guess u did ... heh heh
Upload

Unregistered guest
tru tru, i mean audiobahn is a very descent starter system..and i wasnt talkin bout ur system...i was talkin to the mentally challanged man named T bashin all the higher quality brands out there. i with there was a car with an audiobahn setup and a jl setup, that you can interchange between so you can show ppl how different they both sound. sounds like an idea...anyone have the insperation to pull this off. if so i can probably get u some descent prices on audiobahn subs. sorry no jl though

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 900
how good of a deal?.....i want to burn some in my front yard. lol

Unregistered guest
very very good pricing, prety much what dealers get. give me a model number and i will get you a price

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 905
i was just kidding, i would rather spend my money..........filling up my gas tank! j/k

gotta save all i can for my next setup.:-)

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4651
"lol i wanted to look up the stas on the MT's and the site said to many configurations to see ... i was like wow
wasnt audiobahn designing a 32" or something"

It was a 36", they came out with it a couple years ago and it flopped. Particularly because it sucked in every category, and it was 5 grand. You could throw a pillow on top of it and make a good TV chair.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 960
wow...yet another "Audiobahn sux vs. Audiobahn rules" thread that is well on its way to becoming a 100+ post thread.

:-)

anybody remember the BOSS thread the got up to like 400post awhile back...lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
Hey, how's the Cerwin Vega EXL-600.4? I think it looks pretty beastly myself, but what do you guys think of it? I would like to get it to power my door speakers, so they sound better, otherwise it will be the Audiobahn A6004T to do the job.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1362
go with the CV...

so...how about we just end this thread now...we dont need another one of these posts...on to help kids with the same damn questions night after night...

Post Number: 3
"jackhammer...not practical for everyday use...

i'd personally rather have no system then run an audiobahn system.

Go to a car audio show, sit in some of the vehicles that have tens of thousands of dollars of audio equpitment put into them...You tell me that you'd rather have audiobahn over a full rainbow audio/focal setup.

In conclusion, yea i have no conclusion, kill yourself."

I got news for you the jackhammer might not be practical but neither is finding someone with 10,000$+ in car audio, thats not practical either you sh*tface. Fu*k kicker, jl audio, mtx, Rockfordblowsgate. Lanzar lasts longer.

Your the type of person to go with the crowd, your just another coward, you prob couldnt afford an orion amp to blow your JLs out of their baskets. Oh wait they wouldnt withstand half an ohm because they arent rated for that resistance. Orion/ppi, infinity and audiobahn is the only way to roll.

its only 10% sub and 90% enclosure, dont believe me then blow me. i still have a 10 that crushes 3 12s so eat sh#t and die, doesnt matter if the bass carrys over a mile, it still sounds the same and responds BETTER than 3 elles inside the car where it matters.

Anonymous

Hey dude, lighten up - Y all the violent rumblings . U like what u want & the rest of us will like what we want & just leave it as that .

With useless threads like this , the admin should just close it off ...

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 961
hey T,

you talking about you have a 10" that killed 3 12's...ok, that possible.

but i have one for you...i had 1 brahma 10" that did 2dB over 2 audiobahn 15's, and the SQ was amazing...that a-bahn's sounded like @$$ :-)

oh, any you couldnt really hear my sub outside of the truck when i rolled up the windows...but the guy w/ the guys car with the 15's rattled like crazy. I was still louder (on the TL!).

Post Number: 6
too bad velodyne doesnt make car audio, thatd shut all you jack@sses up

Post Number: 7
....but then again you cant hang with a 3000watt thx cert sub. once again thats irrelevant just like spending 10s of thousands of dollars in a domestic situation, jack@ss.

but anything sounds good in your honda hatchback, but its not my fault im the only one that can hook audiobahns up to crush, just means you all haters suck...their 8ohm, 4ohm, 2ohm and oh yea their 1ohm subs crush, match it with an orion amp at half an ohm and plug your ears.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 955
"match it with an orion amp at half an ohm and plug your ears."

b/c your going to hear something that sounds like someone sh*tting their pants.:-)

i'm sure with the proper enclosure, and right care, you could get Audiobahn subs to sound excellent, and yes they do get very loud. but the majority of the people who buy those subs don't know what they are doing. i wouldn't buy Kicker, JL, or MTX either, there are much better/cheaper$ brands out their. so this arguement is kind of pointless. no offense to you lets move on to something else.

and to be honest, i could care less what someone else's system sounds like, it is only mine i am concerned about, but when someone says that their A-bahns can blast my subs away, i am sure they can, but they don't sound as good as other subs in the same application, b/c of build quality and people's lack of experience with subs.

Username: 91eagletalontsi

I can understand T's frustrations in seeing people hate on audiobahn. The thing is T and myself have tried several different subs in our cars and audiobahns have been the only ones that could stand up to our extreme overuse and still sound good everyday after taking a beating. It is ALL about the enclosure you put the subs in. You can make any sub sound good in the right enclosure but the question is, is it good enough quality to last along time?

I have had my Audiobahn 12's since Audiobahn first came out...before they were chromed out, in fact the first set of audiobahns was FLAT BLACK so the arguments about them being for looks is kind of ridiculous, that and no one can see the basket of the speaker when its in the box.

I am not going to say anyone elses subs are crap like T has but I will certainly say that my audiobahn's have withstood YEARS of use and continue to sound good. To the people saying the sound like garbage, the speakers must be in a poorly made enclosure, you cant just stick a speaker in any box and expect it to sound good. Point in case, when T first purchased his 2 10" audiobahns he had them in a sealed box and they sounded terrible, after hours of convincing him to port the box we finally did so and his Sub's hit twice as hard and sounded MUCH better, so good in fact someone decided they should steal his set up. Obviously they cant be that bad if someone decided they should steal them.

I think the only point T was trying to make was don't bash someone on their choice for buying audiobahn as some of us who have purchased them have had a very good experiance with them because we know what we are doing when it comes to enclosures and how to set everything up.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4677
"Fu*k kicker, jl audio, mtx, Rockfordblowsgate. Lanzar lasts longer."

Funny, since JL Audio has been the most reliable car audio brand for more years the Audiobahn has even been out.

"Your the type of person to go with the crowd, your just another coward, you prob couldnt afford an orion amp to blow your g@y @$$ JLs out of their baskets. Oh wait they wouldnt withstand half an ohm because they arent rated for that resistance. Orion/ppi, infinity and audiobahn is the only way to roll"

Orion/PPI were bought out by DEI long ago, they are far from the best now. Subwoofers don't have to withstand a resistance, they ARE a resistance that they PRESENT to an amplifier. You're being suckered into buying a nameplate. You're talking about bandwagons and buying Infinity and Audiobahn? Look up threads for anyone looking for $100-200 component speakers, see if Infinity doesn't show up.

Once you show me professional competitors that have done anything worthwhile with Audiobahns subwoofers, then maybe we can talk. But until you can come up with objective data, maybe a waterfall plot, a BL curve, possibly even some IASCA trophies, you may as well stop. I used to carry Audiobahn. If you had any idea how high their failure rate is, or how their business practices are, you'd understand why they are one of the worst car audio companies out there. Until then, you can roll around in ignorance and blame others who have made an intelligent decision to stay away. The number one priority in any audio system is to choose equipment that is RELIABLE, which Audiobahn is a far cry away from.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4679
"too bad velodyne doesnt make car audio, thatd shut all you jack@sses up"

Velodyne did make a servo controlled subwoofer for car audio a couple years ago. Good SQ sub, too expensive to be successful, though.

Don't know where that came from, Velodyne and Audiobahn are on totally different ends of the spectrum. I don't see how any person respecting Velodyne could respect an Audiobahn sub. Just the material quality would make them vomit.

Username: Corey

quote:

match it with an orion amp at half an ohm and plug your ears."

b/c your going to hear something that sounds like someone sh*tting their pants.:-)

I love you muddy lol. Btw, Audioburn make great paperweights.

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
I'm gonna say this...Infinity sucks, end of story. I mean come on, my friend has their higher Kappa wahtevers powered with an amp, and they distort early and provide little bass. They are a cheap version of Bose in that they offer little bass and excess power handling. I mean who wants all that screaming treble/mid anyways? I get PLENTY of treble from my system, and the point of a GOOD sounding system is for it to have a FLAT sound anyways, and not like that damn guitar is inside your head. I was at CC the other day, and they have their display up, and they had Polk and Infinity components running. Honestly, they sound no better than their co-axial models. I've stuck mostly to putting money in home audio, and I know what a GOOD system sounds like, and Infinity doesn't have it in home audio, so what makes you think they will when it comes to car audio? Just one pair of their home speakers runs like $600! That's rediculous, considering their lack of power handling and bass. Sure, they can hit those mids and highs like some Morman Tabernacle choir Soprano/Alto combination, but it's about all they are good for.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 125
I think of Infinity as a decent priced company. their cheap lines of speakers are a good value for your money but i would not spend a whole lot of money on their "top of the line" components. I was thinking about getting a pair of their components either the reference or kappa but i decided to wait and save more money so i bought the JL audio XR components. Bottom line if you you do not want to pay a lot of money for high quality speakers then Infinity is a good alternative for the money especially if you can pick up a cheap pair on ebay which I have done in the past b/c anything is better than stock.

Post Number: 9
I agree with ucfsaxman. Infinity is like a mid-line budget company with good quality products. It's like infinty is for people who don't want to go to the extreme end like focal utopias or rainbow plats., but don't want to buy crap like sony or kenwood. And preferences are entirely opinionated. What sounds like crap to someone, may sound like gold to someone else.

Post Number: 8
no, velodyne has nothing to do with audiobahns, just the fact that you can get entry level eruopean home audio at the very same place you can get some mid ranged audiobahns "circuit city," doesnt make them garbage. to be quite honest if best buy carrys it then your buying crap.

"I don't see how any person respecting Velodyne could respect an Audiobahn sub. Just the material quality would make them vomit."

-obviously from your quote there you have no respect for any form of audio components. ive lost my respect for every thing i hate because back in hs thats all everyone purchased. RF, JL, MTX...to be quite honest my homie 91talon had built a box for 2 flea market brands a long time ago and completely crushed 3 of the latest dvc fosgates at the time. that was back in 96 or 97, oh yea he still has one of the subs to this day.

on one final note AWP310T is a single piece of aluminum, wheres the bling bling you ask, in the box where it belongs. those do resemble early style ppis that were ranked the "loudest sub" in the world. if you didnt know that shut the hell up. but no these arent ppi, they dont handle 300watts. they handle 1000, and i would guarantee a pr of those on the right amp at 1ohm or lower and your going to be bathing in bass. my final note as springer does, FU%K YOU haters. have a nice day.

T doesn't lie, there was this guy in high school, he had 3 Rockford Fosgate Punch XLC's and some high dollar equipment in his honda civic probably around 800-1000 worth of equipment. Not trying to crush him or anyone else for that matter, just to have some audio system that I could afford, I purchased 2 pyramid super blues, I built a box on the knowledge that I had of speaker enclosures and bought a cheap yes a cheap jensen 300 watt amp, want to talk about shitty components there ya go.....and I also had radio shack tweeters in the front for highs....my system sounded better in fact it hit harder than dudes system did and i spent about 1/3 of the cost, i had NO distortion and very clean sound. It is ALL about knowing how to hook it up, and which enclosure you put the speakers in.

im not going to knock mtx or JL, but I will knock rockford fosgate because i went through 3 or 4 pairs of rockfords before buying the superblues, which outlasted the fosgates along time, I still have one of them and it works perfectly, I just dont use it because my DVC audiobahns are higher quality and sound alot better at lower and higher volumes. For those of you saying audiobahn isn't high quality, they have lasted for 4 or 5 years now, not even coming close to being blown or worn out. Also on that same note some punk @ss at the same school with a honda civic hatchback had 4 JL audio's in his car and my 2 audiobahns CRUSHED his 4 JL 12's

Post Number: 3
whoops missed a note, the guy with the 4 JL's had 2 to begin with but because his 2 JL's couldnt compete with my system he bought 2 more, which still couldnt compete...his car was so weighed down with his fat @ss and his speakers he got stuck on a speed bump, that is all

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4681
"-obviously from your quote there you have no respect for any form of audio components. ive lost my respect for every thing i hate because back in hs thats all everyone purchased. RF, JL, MTX...to be quite honest my homie 91talon had built a box for 2 flea market brands a long time ago and completely crushed 3 of the latest dvc fosgates at the time. that was back in 96 or 97, oh yea he still has one of the subs to this day. "

How so? Because your friend could build a box for some flea market subs that could outdo some high school kids implementation of Fosgates? WOW! Look out, Pyramids on the move because somebody took a side course in box building! Fosgates suck. Did you see me defending them? Nope. Car Audio is 90% install, if someone does a bad install on a JL and a great install on some Pyramids, the Pyramids will win out. That's well accepted, and not a fair comparison either. What I don't do is buy cheap garbage and try to justify it by comparing my implementation of it with someone who has the money to afford better equipment, but not the experience to utilize it. If anything, it proves I have more respect for the componentry than you do. You obviously haven't delved into the engineering required to create a good speaker driver, as you've proven with your preferences. While you're stuck comparing Audiobahns and Rockford Fosgates, I'm just glad that I have enough experience with both of them to move on to a Dynaudio, DLS, or Morel dealer and get true quality equipment. Until you understand the necessity of quality materials, advanced FEA modeling, advanced materials research, and overall experience in mechanical and electrical engineering, you will continue to spin your tires with Audiobahn, Infinity, and Orion/PPI equipment. You'll be in the same boat you're in now 10 years from now.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4683
But until this thread progresses past the level of high school parking lot competitions, I'm out. If anyone wants to try and have an intelligent comparison with objective data, I'm all for it.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 434
Well stated Jonathan !

This should be so obvious to all who subscribe to this forum - u obviously (well its obvious that its NOT obvious to some ppl) cannot compare a Toyota Camry to a Mercedes 500 to a McClaren F1 . Different cars made for different purposes so too with car audio .

Thus : A properly layed out BOSS/Pyramid sub system cannnot compete with a proper layed out Kicker/RF which cannnot compete with a proper layed out JL/ID/RE or DD .

IF low price vs high price everything was so = according to posts all above , then all the higher priced companies in the world would go bankrupt !

In the end : just buy what u like or can afford & forget about dissing everybody else .

SURPRISED THAT A STUPID THREAD LIKE THIS IS LASTING SO @#$%! LONG ...Upload

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 957
i love how people compare quantities of subs instead of all the factors like rms wattage, box volume, proper charging sytem, cancellation issues.

Instead, it is my 2 garbage cans crushed his 4 dog water bowls. so mine are better. how ignorant:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
"It's like infinty is for people who don't want to go to the extreme end like focal utopias or rainbow plats., but don't want to buy crap like sony or kenwood. And preferences are entirely opinionated." Well this may not be insanely intellegent, but Ice, watch it b!tch. Kenwood is not in the same league as Sony, never has been never will be. I've had Kenwood equipment from each decade, and it's always proven to be very good stuff. Starting from the 70's and on. They should, however, never have spread them selves so thin as to start making subs however. They just don't cut it there, but I've found their products to always surpass performance of Sony. Take something from my home stereo. A 60WPC Kenwood KR-6600, and 2 pairs of Sony SS-MB350H bookshelf speakers rated at 60W RMS. The Kenwood never reaches more than 45-50W according to my power meter before the Sony's begin to highly surpass their XMAX. There's just one demonstration for you. The Kenwood puts out what it says it puts out, where the Sony's don't cut it. I've blown a couple pairs of speakers with that Kenwood, as the power meter may say 45W output at the time, but that could be almost be anywhere from 100-200W of dynamic power, so that tells me that Sony isn't built for those unexpected power bursts, so until you've gone back and looked at things, you need to stick that whole thing about Sony and Kenwood being equal up your @$$. I also know Kenwood is a better company as my friend has a Sony deck within the same price range as my Kenwood deck. His volume goes up to about 35 or so, as well as mine. His distorts at 24, mine doesn't start distortion until 30. Both are rated at the same power output and everything. Not to mention my preouts are of a higher voltage, and the overall mechanical design of my Kenwood is much sturdier. Now if you feel like saying Sony and Pioneer are in the same league, be my guest, as when one comes out with a design/model, the other comes out with something distinctly identical, with minor changes. For example, those Sony speakers I spoke of before, Pioneer has a similar looking series, that have minor differences. One, the Pioneers are ported, the Sony's are sealed. Pioneers have aluminum cones, Sony's have Kevlar, both plenty durable. Both are 3-Way, however the Pioneer's midrange is barely audible as it is a 27 ohm driver drawing very little current, and the main reason it was there is to just compare to the fact Sony utilizes a 3-Way system, regardless of whether much sound is heard from the mid or not. Also, the Pioneer's have a switch off circuit if they are overpowered, but the Sony's do not, whereas, the Sony's have a greater range of bass, as the Pioneer's reach only down to 50Hz. So really, both company's may as well combine, instead of this constant bickering of products, and maybe, they would both finally make some decent products, but who knows. And as far as Infinity goes, they might be "good", although I consider them to be "iffy" anymore, but if they are so mid-line, why the hell do they jack the prices up on stuff as if they thought they were the ghetto version of JL and such. Their Kappa sh!t shouldn't be priced as it is. They don't even meet specs. My friend had some Kappa Perfects, and a 350W RMS X 2 Kicker amp, and his subs were blown within a week, as the Infinitys didn't meet what they said they could.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9981
I'm glad you like audiobahn, but some of us, Jon and I in particular have good reason to dislike the companies we do. We've had to deal with them on a professional level for quite a while. It's not a bandwagon mentality. It's simply experience.

Velodyne makes very nice subs, although given the choice I'd rather have a Krell Master sub.
Truth be told though my mains for music in my room put out more bass than most home theater subs, so having a sub is really only needed for 5.1 media with movies. The MartinLogans produce loads of bass.

In regards t Orion, I'm using three of their second gen amps in my car, along with their preamp and crossover.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 670
i cant believe i just read this whole thread.. what a waste of time

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
AHHHH...no...Surround sound, one of the latest great evil to be brought upon to audio. Such a waste...But I agree, my mains, and my only speakers I use for watching movies and such, Cerwin Vega V-15F's, put out 134dB of bass peaks from 6 meters away, and reach down to 26Hz, so really, with that type of power and bandwidth, who REALLY needs a sub lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Damn, my bad tyler. I didn't think that last statement through. I guarantee that won't happen again. I meant crap like sony and pyramid, but kenwood came to mind all of a sudden.

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
Hrmmmm...is he being sarcastic?

Silver Member

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 876
chrome lovers make statements like this to get a 65 post thread out of the forum. its not worth taking seriously. its happened time and time again. really

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12

quote:

Hrmmmm...is he being sarcastic?

Of course not. Like I said, it just came to mind.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 958
Tyler, the enter button is your friend. lol

i thought my eyes were going to pop out of my head trying to read your post. lol

Unregistered guest
anyone have the jl home audio pahntom...any reviews? thinking of getting one for myself

Bronze Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 62
I wanted to know the same thing over the phantom!

Post Number: 10
"How so? Because your friend could build a box for some flea market subs that could outdo some high school kids implementation of Fosgates? WOW! Look out, Pyramids on the move because somebody took a side course in box building! Fosgates suck. Did you see me defending them? Nope. Car Audio is 90% install, if someone does a bad install on a JL and a great install on some Pyramids, the Pyramids will win out. That's well accepted, and not a fair comparison either. What I don't do is buy cheap garbage and try to justify it by comparing my implementation of it with someone who has the money to afford better equipment, but not the experience to utilize it. If anything, it proves I have more respect for the componentry than you do. You obviously haven't delved into the engineering required to create a good speaker driver, as you've proven with your preferences. While you're stuck comparing Audiobahns and Rockford Fosgates, I'm just glad that I have enough experience with both of them to move on to a Dynaudio, DLS, or Morel dealer and get true quality equipment. Until you understand the necessity of quality materials, advanced FEA modeling, advanced materials research, and overall experience in mechanical and electrical engineering, you will continue to spin your tires with Audiobahn, Infinity, and Orion/PPI equipment. You'll be in the same boat you're in now 10 years from now."

-uh oh we have some sort of mad scientist on our hands, lets see your electronics degrees or your engineering degrees in electronics. PLEASE give me some sinosoidal wave forms and plot your BF curves of your ideal magnents on the subs YOU think you have all the worldly knowledge of and graph that out for us all knowing GOD of AUDIO. lemme see your precious jl, mtx, rf and kicker magnetic saturation levels. i have experience too d*ck, professional or not, you just have no luck with audiobahns because lets face it, you never liked them to begin with and secondly you cant sell obviously.

the only reason i started this thred is because too many people bashin audiobahns, i really dont give a sh*t what any of you losers like to think is the best audio; wheather its your PROFESSIONAL duity to stand forth and flap your unhinged mouth. quite frankly its experience. i have better xp with audiobahns because they are more rugged then anything ive ever had, louder, get lower and last forever.-for me.

sounds to me JONATHAN you just want to go toe to toe on who you think has better taste. and youll go with the flow as usual...

..and no its 90% enclosure, not install. how you figre that in your jacked up brain i dont know. just by going from an 8awg power cable to maybe a 4, or 2awg isnt going to do much but allow more electon movement more freely. did you not read a thing 91eagletalon stated?

have a sub free-air then put it in the box what do you hear when its in the box? I think its bass, but i forgot what that sounds like because im to busy listening to you and how every brand of speaker you mutter some how has worldy recognition. your install, which includes your media, im sorry for you mornons; (copper) or to dumb it down yet again, your wiring included in the 100% pie, 90% ENCLOSUER, 10% driver probably 2% out of the 10% from your driver is the effectiveness your wire is going to have on your system.

dont even preach electronics to me, i bet you dont even know what 1 amp really is in all your engineering glory. because it sounds to me you just work in an audio store, some life you have there buddie, preach to me some more about how audiobahns practices piss you off and have a high failure rate, not around me they dont. but then again im not wasting my life selling the stuff either.

and finally DUH i know a sub is resistance, when you drop the resistance what do you think happens?
lets see less resistance = guess what, more power!! and that means its louder. give ohms law a look over again before you spit sh*t at me JONATHAN. oh since your an engineer, i have to try this, i bet you think electrons move from pos to neg in a closed circuit too, lol.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3595
"and no its 90% enclosure, not install. how you figre that in your jacked up brain i dont know. just by going from an 8awg power cable to maybe a 4, or 2awg isnt going to do much but allow more electon movement more freely. did you not read a thing 91eagletalon stated? "

I'm glad you think the install is all in the quipment....

What he was refering to was more the enclosure, and imaging. Wire is wire, we all know that. My question to you is, could you create a system that could win sound quality competitions, and install everythiny your SELF? I'd bet money Jon could.

"the only reason i started this thred is because too many people bashin audiobahns, i really dont give a sh*t what any of you losers like to think is the best audio; wheather its your PROFESSIONAL duity to stand forth and flap your unhinged mouth. quite frankly its experience. i have better xp with audiobahns because they are more rugged then anything ive ever had, louder, get lower and last forever.-for me."

I'm sorry all you can either A - afford, or B - all you can find on Circit $hitty shelves is Audiobahn. I really feel for you man, even as deranged as you are... Someday you'll actually hear a good system... someday....

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3596
"have a sub free-air then put it in the box what do you hear when its in the box? I think its bass, but i forgot what that sounds like because im to busy listening to you and how every brand of speaker you mutter some how has worldy recognition. your install, which includes your media, im sorry for you mornons;"

Last time I checked speakers created sound no matter the enclosure; free-air or sealed.

Bronze Member

yea yea, F yourselves i had to edit 2 things.

but since i dont know the necisity of truly hq equipment, even know i OWN THX certified systems, you IDIOT.

-uh oh we have some sort of mad scientist on our hands, lets see your electronics degrees or your engineering degrees in electronics. PLEASE give me some hystersis loops and plot your BH curves of your ideal magnents on the subs YOU think you have all the worldly knowledge of and graph that out for us all knowing GOD of AUDIO. lemme see your precious jl, mtx, rf and kicker magnetic saturation levels. i have experience too d*ck, professional or not, you just have no luck with audiobahns because lets face it, you never liked them to begin with and secondly you cant sell obviously.

the only reason i started this thred is because too many people bashin audiobahns, i really dont give a sh*t what any of you losers like to think is the best audio; wheather its your PROFESSIONAL duity to stand forth and flap your unhinged mouth. quite frankly its experience. i have better xp with audiobahns because they are more rugged then anything ive ever had, louder, get lower and last forever.-for me.

sounds to me JONATHAN you just want to go toe to toe on who you think has better taste. and youll go with the flow as usual...

..and no its 90% enclosure, not install. how you figre that in your jacked up brain i dont know. just by going from an 8awg power cable to maybe a 4, or 2awg isnt going to do much but allow more electon movement more freely. did you not read a thing 91eagletalon stated?

have a sub free-air then put it in the box what do you hear when its in the box? I think its bass, but i forgot what that sounds like because im to busy listening to you and how every brand of speaker you mutter some how has worldy recognition. your install, which includes your media, im sorry for you mornons; (copper) or to dumb it down yet again, your wiring included in the 100% pie, 90% ENCLOSUER, 10% driver probably 2% out of the 10% from your driver is the effectiveness your wire is going to have on your system.

dont even preach electronics to me, i bet you dont even know what 1 amp really is in all your engineering glory. because it sounds to me you just work in an audio store, some life you have there buddie, preach to me some more about how audiobahns practices piss you off and have a high failure rate, not around me they dont. but then again im not wasting my life selling the stuff either.

and finally DUH i know a sub is resistance, when you drop the resistance what do you think happens?
lets see less resistance = guess what, more power!! and that means its louder. give ohms law a look over again before you spit sh*t at me JONATHAN. oh since your an engineer, i have to try this, i bet you think electrons move from pos to neg in a closed circuit too, lol.

Bronze Member

when is the last time you had your head examined?
all it does is push air, free air makes sound but because the air around it is not being compressed or forced when in an enclosure from what actually causes bass, this does not happen free air, its not effecient unless its closed off. SMOE

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 980
check your email Smoe:-)

Post Number: 4
do you guys know what a cerwin vega stroker is? If you say that is crap im gonna find out where you live and B*tch slap you.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4699
"-uh oh we have some sort of mad scientist on our hands, lets see your electronics degrees or your engineering degrees in electronics."

I am an electrical engineer, dumbass.

"PLEASE give me some sinosoidal wave forms and plot your BF curves of your ideal magnents on the subs YOU think you have all the worldly knowledge of and graph that out for us all knowing GOD of AUDIO."

Well, the waveforms aren't going to help you with a BL curve, but a signal generator and a scope is all you need. If you want a BL (notice the L, for inductance) curve, here's one for the JL Audio 12W7:
Upload
You'll notice it retains 90% of it's BL strength out to 1" (25.4mm) one way. It retains over 70% strength out to 1.25" (31.75 mm) of excursion, again one way.

"and no its 90% enclosure, not install. how you figre that in your jacked up brain i dont know. just by going from an 8awg power cable to maybe a 4, or 2awg isnt going to do much but allow more electon movement more freely. did you not read a thing 91eagletalon stated?"

Notice I stated that CAR AUDIO is 90% install, which is a generalization. Maybe I'll further that and say that implementation of your equipment is 90%, since you have to wordplay to try and favor your pathetic reply, instead of what could be an open-minded discussion, which obviously isn't going to happen.

"dont even preach electronics to me, i bet you dont even know what 1 amp really is in all your engineering glory."

1 coulamb per second, or 6.94x10^18 electrons flowing past a point in a second, whichever you wish.

"and finally DUH i know a sub is resistance, when you drop the resistance what do you think happens?
lets see less resistance = guess what, more power!! and that means its louder. give ohms law a look over again before you spit sh*t at me JONATHAN."

You have neglected, however, that a higher impedance driver (say 8 ohms over 4), due to the impedance increase, will also have higher inductance, which means more motor strength overall. If you compare a 4 ohm driver with a BL of 18 N/A (newton-amperes) to a 8 ohm driver with the same motor, it will likely have a BL of around 22 N/A. For that reason, the SPL with a given voltage level to the drivers won't be drastically different, many within 1db in fact. Plus, you get the added advantage of an amplifier that is running a higher impedance, thus less current required from the power supply and the output devices, which results in better damping factor for the drivers, more headroom, cooler operation, and lower distortion than an amplifier running a comparably lower impedance. The only reason that 2 ohm drivers (or dual voice coil drivers that can be wired in parallel) exist is so that someone can go get a cheaper amplifier and run it at 2 ohms in order to save money. The expense is sound quality and reliability, two factors which you don't seem to care about.

"oh since your an engineer, i have to try this, i bet you think electrons move from pos to neg in a closed circuit too, lol."

Nice try, Detective, but I'm not quite so inexperienced. In a closed circuit, yes, it is electron flow that occurs. This can only apply to metals, metals that aren't liquids at that. Solid metals aren't the only conductors of electricity. Protons DO move, and DO carry a charge, but only in certain environments.

Lets have an example here. If you were to poke your fingers into the anode/flyback section inside a television set, you would suffer a dangerous or lethal electric shock. During your painful experience there obviously was a considerable current directed through your body. However, NO ELECTRONS FLOWED THROUGH YOUR BODY AT ALL. The electric charges in a human body are entirely composed of positive and negative charged atoms. During your electrocution, it was these atoms which flowed along as an electric current. The electric current was a flow of positive sodium and potassium atoms, negative chlorine, and numerous other more complex positive and negative molecules. During the electric current, the positive atoms flowed in one direction, while the negative atoms simultaneously flowed in the other.

Batteries are another example of non-electron or "ionic" conductors. When you connect a lightbulb to a battery, you form a complete circuit, and the path of the flowing charge is through the inside of the battery, as well as through the light bulb filament. Battery electrolyte is very conductive. Down inside the battery, within the wet chemicals between the plates, the amperes of flashlight current appears as a flow of both positive and negative atoms. There is a powerful flow of electric charge going through the battery, yet no individual electrons flow through the battery at all. So, while the current is between the two plates of the battery, what's its real direction? Not right to left, not left to right, but in both directions at once. About half of the charge-flow is composed of positive atoms, and the remaining portion is composed of negative atoms flowing backwards. Outside the battery in the metal wires the real particle flow is only from negative to positive. But inside the battery's wet electrolyte, the charge-flow goes in two opposite directions at the same time. (And if we built our circuit from hoses full of salt water, then all the current would be bi-directional.)

So, two way currents flow in humans, organisms, batteries, the ground, the ocean, the sky, electrolytic capacitors, liquid mercury, solder, neon signs, arc welders, fluorescent tubes, types of streetlights, electric sparks, and more. So what is the real direction of current flow, other than what some 1st year high school teacher told you?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
ripped him a new one.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
i like that, detective. however electron current flows negatively in closed circuit loops. since you failed to mention which way they flow. and also because of the whole uneven amount of valence electrons in the valence shell of the atom so this fascination of what we call and take for granted every day electricity can happen.

since im a ... why would someone say NOT to get a capicator. humm this intrigues my small dinosaur like brain.

course i can answer that myself since basically all they do is buffer/store electricity and allow your system to discharge smoothing out any not so smooth signals. but riddle me this how many time constants does it take for a 1F capicator to reach the supply voltage again? since i got a bionics lession instead of electronics...

but i never tried powering my home audio or car audio with a human, nor have i tried plugging one into a tv or wall receptical. maybe we should try this on you first, perhaps if you like 340volts rendering you paralized.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
ill admit you know what your talking about J, at least you do. but ripping me a new one, if you want to go that route lets step into a computer forum id be glad to take you down a peg or two.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4702
"i like that, detective dumb@ss. however electron current flows negatively in closed circuit loops. since you failed to mention which way they flow."

My reply in the above post:

"In a closed circuit, yes, it is electron flow that occurs"

Electrons, being negatively charged in nature, will of course move from negative to positive. They can't move "positively", or whatever you would consider opposite to "negative current flow".

"since im a dumb@ss why would someone say NOT to get a capicator. humm this intrigues my small dinosaur like brain."

Because in almost all of the threads containing people that ask "should I get a battery or a capacitor", they are considering simply adding either to a stock alternator, when in 99% of the cases, their problems are not from transient spikes, AC ripple, or propagation delays, but from excessive current draw due to a lacking charging system. In their application, a capacitor would only be another load put upon an already stressed charging system, worsening their existant problem.

"but riddle me this how many time constants does it take for a 1F capicator to reach the supply voltage again?"

Considered to be 5, which is really 99.2%. Say you have a 50 ohm resistor, it equals 50 seconds per time constant. Or simply put, T=R*C

Silver Member

Post Number: 883
please, head back to that forum promptly.
you'd seemingly be better off sparking fruitless arguments there. (chrome heads)

Post Number: 5
I would like to point out that my audiobahn's dont have a bit of chrome on them as I bought them when audiobahn first came out and their speakers were FLAT BLACK.

Bronze Member

you cant see chrome on an ab if its in the back of your trunk mounted in a wooden box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am not a chrome head, i like metal flaked, flat black, slivers...im not goin to take a system and mount it to my dash, mount the subs mag side out and endanger lives. or leave one reversed and put a spinner protector over it with lights, since lights and spinning things are so fascinating to people.

OMG SPINNING WHEELS!!!! better get some of those all nice and shiny and chrome for my talon....cause you know when im racing its all about the nice shiny chrome spinning wheels!

Anonymous

this thread is funny. at first the guy is all cocky trying to defend audioburn then toward the end of the thread he's just trying to hang on because of how SCHOOLED he got. LMAO!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
oh yea i got schooled!! at least i have the mental capacity to understand magnetic flux, flux density, ferrites, theorums, logics, digital systems, analog systems, magnetic saturation, ferromagnetics, enductance, capacitance, impedance/resistance humm what else, binary, hexadecimal yea and logical and digital gates, latches, clock pulses. i bet half of you dont know what the hell i just said. and, nand, or, nor, xnor, xor gate even is, nor do you have the mental stability to understand a logical circuit of a constant flow of 1's and 0's. creating an accurate turth table for that particular logical circuit.

so cmon you genius what does this say:

Silver Member

Post Number: 888
"so cmon you genius what does this say:
1101001 "

T is a moron?

"i bet half of you dont know what the hell i just said."

i'm willing to bet YOU don't know what you just said.
its even more likely that you called your classmate and asked him to email you a copy of some of the topics in your scool text book's glossary.
go to bed now, T.
and when you wake up and powerup your cpu, go back to your videogame and computer forums.
good night

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
why dont you just step off my nu*s i know exactly what i said. you little pri#k its for me to know and you to not. i will take you up on that bet, but you dont have enough, your daddy doesnt have enough, your grandparents dont have enough to even give me for what i would bet you.

fu*k you tell me to go to bed im a grown @$$ man you little bi%ch, at least i know everything i said and you dont know any of it, so again, step off.

Silver Member

Post Number: 889
*chuckle*
temper tantrum= nap time

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
...and on a side note you dont know me, nor do you know what i do. think im playin games, typical 16 year old mentality there. you lay out networking schematics on ms visio and rouguly figure out a timeframe for completing them.

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 62
yeah go home dude.....and put the collage brochures down before you hurt yourself. and a side note i hooked up a 10inch compression series AB.....(second system i had) to a Zapco c2k 6.0. let's just say it don't work no more. sent it off for warrenty after that. then i put it in a vented box. it's now a big paper weight.....you can claim they are rugged all you want but i have never seen series competitors run em in spl contests or SQ contests. and i have been doing spl contests for a while now. funny thing is my W7 is hooked to a zapco 1100.1 and beats all damn day and i have taken 1st place a few times for spl and 1 first place SQ. that compression sub never got me more then 3rd or 4th. it wasn't the power...and it wasn't the box. tried ported and a vented chamber box. and i haven't changed my listening habits. their old stuff might be decent but all their newer stuff is junk in my opinion!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
i am home dumbsh*t how else do i post. and for the rest of you fu%k just get off my d*ck. ive had better luck with audiobahns, ive succeeded where you have failed, so what shut up and back off.

Username: Clownass

Post Number: 4
T,

You like to wire you subs at 1 ohm or less...4 ohm is optimum in dc. Sure you can get more "power" by lowering the impedance, but the more you lower the impedance the less SQ and reliability you will have. If all you care about is SPL that might be the way to go. Not that Jon did not already cover that.

Audiobahn huh....you could not pay me to use their crap. How many award winning SQ systems out there use Audiobahn? I can't think of one. You claim your 10 produces excellent SPL and SQ. I would have to see/hear that to believe it. I have never seen a system equiped with Audiobahn that sounds good. Loud maybe, but not good. Then again, almost any sub can be loud, so that in and of itself means nothing.

You also like Infinity? Well, so do I. I have heard plenty of systems equiped with Infinity that are loud AND have good SQ. Particularly the Kappa Perfects.

What exactly is it about Audiobahn, in your opinion, that makes them better than other brands?

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 63
also on a side note i ran 2 compression subs for spl once and hit 143ish. on that c2k 6.0. my one 12W7 hit 150ish recently with the zapco ref 1100.1. kinda tells you about the quality their! but to tell you the truth when i was in highschool i had friends with all the mtx and what not......didn't bother me much......all i had to do was save my money. now i have a zapco amp and a w7. i think for my next setup in my daily driver car i am gonna put in a XXX 15 with a zapco c2k 9.0. you name a set of audiobahns that can keep up with that sub for the price. won't happen.....if you don't beleive me go over to www.realmofexcursion.com

Post Number: 5
"am home how else do i post. and for the rest of you just get off my. ive had better luck with audiobahns, ive succeeded where you have failed, so what shut up and back off."

I am not at home and I am posting. You can post anywhere you can get an internet connection you errogent. As for your success where we have failed...I have yet to see any. Your own words and will to create arguement are far from success.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 341
T,

You made up this new username just for this thread.

Ha Ha Ha

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3599
"so cmon you genius what does this say:
1101001"

Yes, some of us in here do know what we're doing. I know you feel like your the smartest guy in the world, but sadly your not, nor is anybody else in here.

By the way T, can you tell me what this says?

10101000100000100100111100110100000100000101000001000110111010111000111101011100 1001100111010001110100000100100111001001101001110111111101000100001

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 986
"at least i know everything i said and you dont know any of it"

i could spit out some random information and you wouldn't know what the heck i was talking about.

you sound like a 6th grader, not everyone knows what anyone is talking about b/c people have different interests in technology.:-)

"you cant see chrome on an ab if its in the back of your trunk mounted in a wooden box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

no, but you can see that FLAMER PINK STRIPE lol
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
first off let me just ask this does anyone ever read? if you have truely owned audiobahn and checked out the booklet that comes with them to see how you can wire up multiples of their subs, because there is no svc ab. this book points out the proper cubic sq ff for bandbass, ported, sealed applications. it also points out quite vividly they have a variety of subs that operate at different impedance levels. did you hear me say at once point that "I" wire everything audiobahn that i own to 1ohm or less. "I" never even stated at any point in any thread that i "own" a 1ohm or .5ohm stable amp either. To answer that no. I think i rem saying if you, being anyone....were to buy some subs like AWP310T or many other subs they offer which can operate at 4 or 1 ohm loads.

secondly yes i do like perfects a pr of those ported properly prodouce emense bass and quality.

i like audiobahns i guess because they are more or less readily avaliable to me no matter my situation, and ive never had problems with them.

-joesmoe-
i see you used the copy and paste function for that askii binary code there smart guy, nice try. i still know what it says.

when did i state i am the smartest person in here, i dont rem ever saying such a thing. my expertice in electrons is computers. there is plenty i dont know, but at least with the info provided by jonathan i understand that.

-Clownass-
also look at the time i posted, who is out in a hotspot tryin to connect to the wireless lan at 4am, certainly not around here. i personally dont have a laptop in order to go sit at the local hotspot and try connecting to a 802.11b/g lan operating at 2.4ghz with a maxamimum if your lucky throughput of 11mbps or 54mbps.

- muddywaters-
unless your subs are facing the front of the car, as i stated in a wooden box in your trunk you cant see anything. do you have mirrors in your trunk so you can see your bling, cause i dont.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Sh1t, another BOSE thread. If you like audioburns, good for you. As 4 the rest of us, we'll continue to use the products we like.
end of thread

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 774
*Pulls up, Eclipse Ti's bumping*

-OWNED!-

No problems so far, and there's a kid here with two of the "big" Audiobahns, and needless to say, my system owns his... And not by a small margin... But if you like it, that's all that matters. But my Ti's will be hitting harder and longer...

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3605
" see you used the copy and paste function for that askii binary code there smart guy, nice try. i still know what it says"

You meen ascii, right? I thought so....

I can clearly tell you know much more about computers than car audio. I could care less whether you vist this site, and even whether you post. What does bug me and the rest of the forum, is when you try to argue with everyboy else, when you don't even know what your talking about to begin with.

www.bcae1.com
www.the12volt.com

Read EVERYTHING on both of those websites, and just read some of the threads here on ecoustics before you go blabbing your mouth. You can think whatever you want, but stop useless jabber about Audiobahn, we don't care to hear it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Jake, you should know better. It's not fair to compare garbage to gold or titanium in this case lol.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 991
"i like audiobahns i guess because they are more or less readily avaliable to me no matter my situation, and ive never had problems with them."

that's all you had to say:-), but instead you start a thread and immediately start attacking people that argue against your point.

no i don't have mirrors in my car, but when you open the trunk to show someone what you have(not in your case b/c someone would try to steal, or have already stolen it) you can see the sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
"do you guys know what a cerwin vega stroker is? If you say that is crap im gonna find out where you live and B*tch slap you." - Um....What does CV have to do with this, and I know what a Stroker Pro is, and if it's anything like their home models, well, just 1 of their 12's would crush probably 4 Audiobahn 12's, but that's besides the point.

Just for you Muddy, I used the enter key lol.

But anyways, being that the Stroker is a strictly SPL sub, it wouldn't sound that great for everyday use, and and Audiobahn MIGHT, MIGHT sound better for everyday use, but if you took one up to the same level as a Stroker Pro in power, the Stroker Pro would sound a lot better at that type of level. But still, a CV VMAX sub could eat an Audiobahn alive, hell, so could their HED series.

Just to be fair here I've decided im gonna go ahead and buy some JL audios and install them the correct way and see what they sound like, everyone elses JL's that I have heard around here sound like garbage, even at the audio store the PPI speakers and the Eclipse speakers totally thrashed the JL's. I think that was what T is going off of what he says JL is crap for the same reasoning that you guys are saying audiobahn is crap. From what we have heard they are crap but again we have not actually bought them to see if they sound good and will be durable.

As far as Rockford Fosgate goes, I will never again in my life purchase Rockford Fosgate....THEY JUST BLOW, literally. Rockford's were the first "big brand" that I actually purchased and they couldn't take my abuse and they were overpriced for the quality. This is the reason T and myself like Audiobahns, we have never blown a single audiobahn component unless we subjected it to wattage beyond specification and therefore we have not wasted our money on components that die. They last a long time and for the applications we are using them for they sound really good. That was the argument T was trying to make but he just went about it the wrong way.

Now as far as the Rockford Fosgates are concerned......we didnt even have them on the RMS wattage they were rated to handle and they still blew at medium volume levels...multiple pairs...and an amp that was not subjected to a load beyond specification that fried.

So in all fairness I am going to purchase a pair of JL's and see if they are as good as you guys are saying, it could be they were just hooked up and installed by jackaninies that didn't know wtf they were doing and thats why they sounded like total garbage and got crushed by the "competition."

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
yep, eclipses first alum subs i ever seen and they do hit. awesome head units too.

any one ever seen/heard a jauggernaught?

smoe-
honestly i dont even care any more...say what you want. i know enough and ill leave it at that. if you want to flame me again be my guest. i recognize pcs have literally nothing to do with car audio, but what drives you to move from having bass in one part of a certain spectrum will just influence to bring it else where.

and in the future ill keep my epinions to myself, and hopefully some of you can at least do the same. ill remain a bassadict in house on thx systems and in car audio on whatever i want....and i wont even say anything further than that any more. but dont assume i have to call up anyone for any information on components and all that crap, im sure your skilld in something that completely opposes electronics, computers and such. -i wont jump to any conclusions.

well because i have never had a bad experience with abs and they have always well exceeded my expectations unlike some other brands; might see why i was too defensive.

i personally dont listen to car audio with the trunk open, nor do i show it off but i recognize your point and i know when people wanna see what you have and say "thats it" is always interesting to me, thats all. im done unless someone has to flame me some more.

and just a quick question for the idiot posting to hook an audiobahn up to a wall outlet....if you hook ANY speaker up to a wall outlet its going to fry it, its not rated for that type of voltage or current (120 volts AC RMS from your wall outlet) ...I REPEAT ANY SPEAKER, ANY BRAND, JL, KICKER, PPI, ORION, AUDIOBAHN, ECLIPSE....they will all fry ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ MAGIC SMOKE.

whoops missed the question..what relevance does hooking a speaker up to a wall outlet have to its durability? my answer is NONE

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3606
I'm pretty sure the person that said something about hooking Audiobahn's up to a wall outlet knows they will fry. That was probably their point.

BTW Eagle_Talon, where are you hearing so many JL systems that sound like trash? Are you the only person that thinks they sound like trash, or are they just really bad installs. What are you running in your car? Have you ever heard a really good system? And lastly, do you even care about sound quality, and actually know what it is, or are you one of the 80% of all teens that could care less how it sounds, as long as it's loud?

"even at the audio store the PPI speakers and the Eclipse speakers totally thrashed the JL's"

No speakers are gonna sound great in the audio store. They're just thrown on the wall and hooked up to an amp. You CANNOT take what you hear in an audio store literally. If you want to hear a sub, then go find one that's in a car and set up correctly.

Hey, I'm not a huge JL fan, but I will admit they make great products. It's impossible to say there is better stuff out there than JL. It depends on what purpose your using the sub for. I will say JL would be in the highest quality category, but there are other companies that make products just as good, while costing much, much less. The problem is JL has a HUGE fanbase, and even if you know nothing about car audio, you've probably heard of JL audio.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 231
Ok, I mostly skipped through this entire thread. But...what I did see is that you T, needed to calm down. I'm glad to see you've decided to use more appropriate writing.
As for your defense of Audiobahn, well, I agree this forum has tended to be much to harsh on the brand. However, Audiobahn has a multitude of lowend lines that are some of the worst products available. Those models seem to overshadow the higher quality products they produce.
Store owners are not impressed with thier business actions either, all Audiobahn products are available on the internet for nothing more than a few dollars over dealer cost, so why sell thier products in your store if there is no resale profit margin? I am an authourized audiobahn dealer however, and I will stand behind the product to each and every customer we sell it to.
I am also a SPL competitor who knows a few things about subwoofers. And I will agree with you, Audiobahn assembles a few recognition worthy woofers. I myself have done some testing with a couple models. If I remember correctly I think with 2 12"s I did a 153 on the TL. This was in a rex.
As for the sq, I think a few of the older alum models sound excellent, and considering thier price they're a great value.

All in all Audiobahn has done what many manufacturers can only dream of. They made it, marketing guru's. Sometime in the future though, I see the company "falling off" without ridding thier line-up of it's many marginal at best models.

And one more thing T, saying AB is good equipment is fine with all of us in this forum, but to say they are better than anything else and naming other brands as crap is not exactly the best way to win anyone over. I can understand your just frustrated seeing others diss on audiobahn but how does that differ from what you were saying about jl, kicker, ect?

Anywho, nice to have a new name in our forum, just try to keep your post a bit more civil, less name calling. Other than that, speak your mind, this is a free country and an open forum.

Bronze Member

yes i know what sound quality is, and im not a teenager im 24 years old you jackaninie.

I didn't say iv heard numerous JL systems either I said iv heard a couple and I stated they were probably installed poorly, can you not read, do you have the mental capacity and concentration of a 4 year old with ADHD?

In responce to your asking if I just care if its loud, no I do not care if its loud if that was the case I would drive an old beat up caddilac with 3 rockford fosgate series 1's on phase linear amplifier and have stock speakers in my car that sound so distorted you cant even understand a single word in the lyrics of the music.

Currently I run 1 audiobahn 12 on and old 250 watt PPI amp because currently thats all I can afford as I am student and school is not cheap.

Back before I was in school I ran 2 Audiobahn 12's on an orion cobalt amp, all 6 of my component speakers were infinitys. While my system was definitely not the most expensive it sounded great, I had no distortion at high volume levels and you could hear me from a few blocks away...not just the bass you could hear the treble as well.

Im not one of these jackass kids that throws some subs in a car to "sound cool" I put the audio in my car for my pleasure and no one elses. I have been installing car audio PROPERLY since i was 16 years old. While i do like hard hitting, neck cramping, low bass, i also enjoy the mids and highs that a good system can provide as music is not about 1 instrument or sound it is about a variety of sounds blending together in harmoney to create a work of art, weather it be rap, classical, rock, whatever only a good system can provide good sound on all sides of this spectrum.

IN regards to asking me if I am the only one that thinks it sounds like trash, no T was with me, when a guy pops his trunk and all you hear is garbled bass that doesnt carry it just sounds like its F@rting, it sounds like junk. There have only been 1 or 2 instances of someone around here with JL's sounding like that. LIke i said I have never given JL a run myself so I cant say they are crap, you are putting words into my mouth buddy. I said I was going to give them a fair shot and see if what everyone else saying here is true.

The best system I ever heard was at a store we have here called Intense Audio. It was older orion equipment in a customized truck
They had like 4 15's 6 12's and 4 10's in the truck along with a bunch of orion amplifiers. It had an alpine headunit and it also a bunch of MB Quart components. That system was the best system I have ever heard even to this day. They had 6 or 7 trophys for winning sound competitions with that truck.

mixneffect,

Enough HaHa don't ya think.

T,

You havent had a problem with Audiobahn and they are readily available to you and thus you like them and feel that they can "hit" harder than 2 or 3 LJ Audio 12s.

Just because a speaker is available and does not cause problems doesent mean that the speaker sounds good and/or is on par with the industry leading speaker manufacturers. I know of a few people that use Sony Xplod subs and havent had "problems" with them. They too are "readily available"....but that doesent take away from the fact that they sound horrible. Not that Audiobahn is as far down there as Sony, but they arn't that far above them either.

By the way, I don't have a lab top either and I can still post without being at home @ 4:00 am you errogent ba$t@ard!!!! :-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3615
"when a guy pops his trunk and all you hear is garbled bass that doesnt carry it just sounds like its F@rting, it sounds like junk"

Not argueing with you, I wasn't there, but you do know a sub is gonna sound different when you pop the trunk, right? It's gonna get quieter and sound different, there's no cabin gain anymore, it's coupled almost directly to the outside air. But you should know that if you've been correctly installing systems for 8 years.

"IN regards to asking me if I am the only one that thinks it sounds like trash, no T was with me"

So you know T.... that explains a LOT.

"The best system I ever heard was at a store we have here called Intense Audio. It was older orion equipment in a customized truck
They had like 4 15's 6 12's and 4 10's in the truck along with a bunch of orion amplifiers. It had an alpine headunit and it also a bunch of MB Quart components. That system was the best system I have ever heard even to this day. They had 6 or 7 trophys for winning sound competitions with that truck."

Hell Yeah!!!!! I would have liked to have seen that! What kind of 10s,12s, and 15s were they?

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
My question is how is 91Eagle_Talon_TSI_AWD (Get a shorter name damnit) gonna try out JL if he can't afford better than Audiobahn? :-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3616
"They had like 4 15's 6 12's and 4 10's"

Can you say cancellation?

And how did they fit that all in a truck?

I've seen set ups like that in vans and suvs with no cancellation. They were all sealed enclosures with all the subs facing the same direction.

Bronze Member

It was a customized truck they took out the back of the truck and welded and sealed the topper to the main part of the truck, it was more like an SUV. The system sounded so good at high volume levels it hurt my ear drums and my ears were ringing for a long while when i got out of the truck. Inside the truck you could feel the SPL crushing your head it was freakin awesome, but at the same time no distortion very clean cut sound with low bass.

Going to get JLs once I have my A+ NET+ Server/security+ MCP and MCSA certifications so sometime within the next year.

And yes i know that when you open a trunk or hatch the speakers are going to sound different, but they still should not sound distorted and garbled, distortion kills speakers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Clown is correct they were all facing the same direction. I believe the speakers were HCCA and they had a bunch of HCCA amps and cobalt amps in mounted in rack style in the very back.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3618
I figured they used the box of the truck. Wasn't sure how else they would do it.

I thought you said the amps were orion..? How many different kind of amps were there.

I am very fond of old school MB Quart and Orion and thus am interested in the design of this truck.

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
There's no way that 15, 12, and 10 system could have good SQ. Maybe loud, but think of the cancellation. 15's cancel out ALL of them lol, 12's cancel the 10's and so forth.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1002
"distortion kills speakers."
Upload

LMAO, just found this pic, so i figured i'd apply it. no offense to you Eagle.:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
they were orion amps, orion HCCA and orion cobalt

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Think what you want Tyler but the truck was bad @ss and had multiple sound competition trophys to back it up.

I am also very fond of old school orion components, the circuitry is nearly flawless and can take a beating.

Bronze Member

"There's no way that 15, 12, and 10 system could have good SQ. Maybe loud, but think of the cancellation. 15's cancel out ALL of them lol, 12's cancel the 10's and so forth."

Really...how many set ups like this have you seen/heard?

I've heard some that had no cancellation issues and had great SQ. I have heard others that sounded horrid. It's all a matter of install.

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
Well, it would sound loud, but not good. Kinda like I've seen them do on P!mp My Ride, sure it gets insanely loud, but you puts every size of speaker in the same car? That's retarded.

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
Clown, I'm basing this off of my own experiences, although with HOME audio. Using a range of speakers with varying sizes. Although it's not all based on sizes either, install and build do play a large roll in it. But let's say I take a pair of my Cerwin Vega V-15F's and go out and buy the V-10F's. You realize that the 10F's are going to be completely overpowered by the 15F's right? Even if both are given the same power of say 100W, as they can both safely handle I believe. The 15F's are going to sound louder, and the 10F's would have been a futile purchase, as it has a greater extended bass range. The 15F's would completely cut off any frequencies the 10F's hit due to being A.) Louder, and B.) Already hitting those frequencies at a much higher level. That's just my experience, maybe none of that stuff happens in car audio...

Unregistered guest
I've got to comment on Audiobahn as this thread cracks me up! Look up some past IASCA and USAC finals from the 90's up until a couple of years ago and you'll see our cars. We built the Dodge Intrepid called the Reaper that won both finals 2 years in a row. We also built the Reaper II which unfortunately wasn't quite as nice and only got 2nd place for the next 2 years. Oh yeah, we did this at the highest level (expert class 601+) trading places often with Mark Eldridge. We built a killer demo van for Rockford 4 years ago that was paraded around the south at various shows. I know what sounds good and what doesn't. There are many companies out there that make some nice stuff. Unfortunately most of the really good stuff is in our past as it has been replaced by cheap crap. Companies such as PPI, and Orion before they were bought out by DEI, Rockford, Kicker, and many others were at the top of the game. One thing is for sure, Audiobahn can't hold a candle to any of them. Let's face it, everyone today makes a loud woofer and a powerful amp. That's easy. The hard part is making it all sound good. Audiobahn hasn't figured out how to do this. You can have cheap, loud, and good sounding. Pick 2. You can't have all 3. Audiobahn by default has cheap. Unfortunately good sounding isn't an option and loud is only a maybe at best. Basically they can't always even have 2 out of 3!!! If anyone thinks Audiobahn, MA Audio, etc sound good, they should take a trip down here to Houston to see us. You can sit in some of our cars as a comparison. We've only got what was at one point in the recent past considered to be the very best in the soundoff world. I was also associated with Earl Will's 2 time IASCA Pro class winning Image Dynamics/Kicker Impala so don't think I'm only partial to the Rockford/Focal setup in the Reaper or the Rockford/Focal/Lunar setup in the Reaper II. Come check out our cars. If you still think Audiobahn sounds good, you're deaf!

I'll also address the subs we used for Sound Q on our winning cars. On Earl Wills Impala SS, we had 2 Image Dynamics horns for highs, Image Dynamics 8's for midbasses, and 2 Image Dynamics 18's for bass. Yes they all played for sound quality! Earls car was the first car to hit a perfect 40 (now 20) on the RTA at a world finals. That was around '96 or '97. The next year, everyone was doing it. The point is that we won sound quality using freeair 18's! They weren't even aperiodic. That was when I was at Audio Designs. You can see that shop in the pictures section of the Image Dynamics website btw. When I went to Expressive Audio, we took a different approach to bass. For SPL we used 3 Rockford Power 15's in the Intrepid. For sound quality though we turned them off. There were 4 5" Focal subs in the top of the dash. 2 in each corner. They weren't used for SPL. We won with this car using the 5's as subs. In the Reaper II, the PT Cruiser, we had 8 5" Focal subs for sound quality. 4 under each seat. For SPL we switched on 3 Rockford Power 15's. They were in an SPL one note wonder box that was ported and tuned to 50 hz. That vehicle got 2nd in expert class 2 years in a row behind Mark Eldridge. He also spent hundreds of thousands of dollars. We didn't. Not too bad. Mark used 3 Kicker Solobaric 15" L7's with an aperiodic mat covering them for sound quality and he won.

As you can see it is possible to make any sub sound good. No one can say that a 15" can't sound musical. It can. We made 18's sound good. It's all in how you do it.

expressiveaudio
Unregistered guest
Oops I meant to say the PT Cruiser used 18's for SPL.

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
Hrmm...is it me, or does new Rockford suck potatoes?

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10228
"Mark used 3 Kicker Solobaric 15" L7's with an aperiodic mat covering them for sound quality and he won."

man now there's an oxymoron for ya! lol solobarics in an AP box.. that's like gold plating a turd.. seriously though, one of the worst SQ subs on earch. That one still amuses me when people try to argue that the L7 is a great SQ sub because it won an event or two in a specific application.

Expressive, glad to see ya pop by. I hope ya post more in some sensible threads (as opposed to this bickering) :-)

I was just getting out of IASCA when those cars were being built. I competed in the early 90s myself.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 237
Expressiveaudio, lets bring the swelling down on your head for minute and look at the target audience here.
There isnt a single person in this forum who will be using an RTA who is considering Audiobahn for thier system. Moreover the majority of these people are kids who have 2 or 300 bucks to spend on woofers, adding to thier main concern, amplitude being number one.
The Audiobahn Alum series DO sound good. I never said great, Focal, Scanspeak, BnK, Genelec, ect., of course, these aren't even in the same catagory.
How can you actually put down Audiobahn's sound quality and in the same breath praise the kicker L7?
Audiobahn produces a few woofers that sound equally as well as many Fosgate models, Pioneer, MTX, and yes Kicker.
None of these however in my opnion are truly accurate woofers. They are mearly subwoofers, with one goal in mind, !amplitude!, with a reasonable amount of sound quality. Audiobahns are perfectly capable of doing this. If you don't agree with that then your the one needing a head examination. And trust me, I know a thing or two about loud subwoofers. Again, remember the audience reading this forum, what is thier main concern?
I can gaurantee you the majority of these readers are SPL fanatics.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10236
forgot to mention that yes I understand a large sub can be accurate and have good SQ.. as I've said before, it's not the cone area, it's the BL of the sub that determines how good it's motor control is and as a result, how good it sounds.

expressiveaudio
Unregistered guest
I will agree that many of the new subs out today are crap, even the Rockfords. ALot of the amps are too. I don't like the way the industry has been going the past few years. I feel the best days of car audio are behind us for the time being. There has been far too much focus put on cheap crap, dirty power, and crazy long throw woofers that don't sound terribly good when used with actual music. Audiobahn is fine for the kid who doesn't have alot of money to spend and just wants a little sound. I understand that not everyone can afford top of the line stuff and I'm not here to convince anyone that they should necessarily go that route. For the price of the average Audiobahn sub, you could easily get something that is superior to it from someone else. Audiobahn is about looks first and foremost. That's how they get their customers. They make it all chrome and decorative. Then they go back and make sure it makes a sound. It's not hard to make most things out there sound decent and quite good to the average person. This is a sad fact but I can tell some kid that walks into the store that a piece of crap sounds good, justify it to them, and have them leave actually believing it to be the best thing on the planet. Then they'll go tell all of their friends the same thing and have them believing it. Before you know it I'm a marketing genious for Bose! Thank god I don't do that. I'm obviously used to a higher standard as to what "sounding good" actually is. I was addressing the statement that Audiobahn was better than other manufacturers such as Orion, JL, Kicker, etc. They aren't. Unfortunately many of the really nice companies have gone downhill over the past few years and are closing the gap. Too bad it hasn't been the other way around. I'll admit that I don't have experience with every single Audiobahn sub out there. The ones that kids bring to us to install are not very nice and not really worthy of being installed in a car. I've seen a few different series and none of them impressed me. Let's hope they make a better sub and I just haven't heard it yet. Since I haven't liked what I've heard, I'm not willing to waste the time to find out about the rest of their lines.

Everyone makes a loud sub and a powerful amp now. Getting loud with even the most mediocre of products isn't really much of an accomplishment anymore. The really good products can get loud AND sound good doing it.

I don't personally like the Kicker L7 subs. Remember it was our competition that used them, not us. Mark used 3 of those 15's in a sealed/aperiodic box. There was an actuator that lowered the aperidoic mat away from the face of the sub and closed a vent to the bottom of the vehicle to make it a sealed box for spl. The large vent opened and the ap mat went up for sound quality. 2 of the 3 subs also turned off for sound quality. I wouldn't personally touch those woofers and want them nowhere near my personal vehicle but I can't deny the fact that Mark's truck is probabaly the single best sounding vehcile ever constructed. Yes even the bass sounded good. The point wasn't to condone the usage of L7's. I wouldn't. It was to show that it isn't impossible to make a large sub sound very good. Musically the best subs out there aren't the super long throw jobs that everyone makes. It's usually a lower line sub now that is most musical. I understand that the average kid on this forum is probably only into SPL. That's how I started out back in high school. Of course everyone was driving around in low riders with neon colored vinyl too! I merely addressed the statements made by one very inexperienced kid who said that the other manufacturers sucked compared to Audiobahn and I also addressed the larger subs not sounding good issue. That's it. It's not head swelling. Even if it was, I've been at the top of the car audio food chain so I really have nothing to prove and can afford to let my head swell a little bit. I understand there are people that think it's funny when someone uses one little example of something to make a point but I find it just as funny when people try to use theory rather than real world results to do the same thing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 941
mark's 4runner w/kicker aperiodic.
http://www.carsound.com/features/eldridge_evolution.html
he has since gone with jbl and rocks the same aperiodic w/gti's. similar to expressives' only one sub plays during sq comp (he won 1st w/the jbl's too), the other two are shut off.
again, the jbl system INSTALL is said to sound nothing short of fantastic.

Silver Member

Post Number: 942
check out the vid at the bottom

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10253
oh I realize you weren't condoning the solobarics. I have good reading comprehension skills when I care to put them to use. (laugh) I just get a good laugh every time I see mention of the L7 subs in AP boxes.. and it's been done a few times.
I use two RE XXX 12" subs in an AP box myself, for a pure SQ system (noted in my profile on here) but those subs are screaming to be used in a setup like this with the xbl^2 motors and their wicked linearity at high excursion.

Anyway Expressive you should register here and contribure on a more regular basis.
pop by www.caraudiocentral.net too. we always like to have input from other competitors and professionals there, and that forum has stricter moderation to stop the flame wars that go on around a lot of sites.
Quite a few of us here are over there as well.

expressiveaudio
Unregistered guest
The last time I heard Marks truck was a little over a year ago. It was with the JBL setup. In truth the highs were still basically the same but the amps and subs were different. Still sounded nothing short of incredible. That vehicle is gone now. It has been sold and I believe is in Europe somewhere. Mark is also out of the competition game. He is now a professor at a college somewhere teaching some advanced acoustics classes. It's ashame. I was looking forward to his next great creation.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10293
navone, clark, buwalda, gates.. I think Buwalda is the only one still competing.

expressiveaudio
Unregistered guest
Just to make the Audiobahn people happy I got the specs to their aluminum subs and ran a simulation on them. I'm not going to go out and find a sub to actually listen to though as I have better things to do. On paper the response looked nice and smooth, especially for a very small box. They are terribly inefficient though and almost any other sub I ran it against, with the exception of only a couple of others, was far more efficient. They are definitely not an SPL sub so they had better sound good. I haven't listened to them in person but they might sound decent based off of their specs if given a good amount of power. Hopefully they sound better than all of the other ones I've heard that kids bring in to install.

Bronze Member

Like I said I have some of the first audiobahns ever put out and IMO and a few other peoples they sound very good, at least in my car. A friend of mine at work had 2 12's he doesnt use anymore because he replaced them with 1 kicker 12 which he said sounds better in his truck. Tonight he got in my car and listened and said that it sounds VERY good, he couldnt beleive that an audiobahn sounded like that especially compared to his kicker. Now it could be because I have a hatchback and it seems everything sounds better in a hatch back car.

He asked to see my box and he asked where I got it from, I told him I designed it and built it myself.

I'm not saying you guys are wrong for saying Audiobahn's sound like crap, maybe your experiences with them were bad but my experiences with them have been great and my car sound good, the one thing I cant stand is a distorted sounding piece of crap.

Just an FYI I never once compared them to an orion sub, old school orion products are probably my favorite as far as car audio components go.

On another note I do not know anything about their business practices but if you compare their business practices to say intel in the computer world I would understand why you guys are pissed off with them.

expressiveaudio
Unregistered guest
Actually my response on the comparison against other companies was based solely at the thread starter. Orion about 10 years ago was my favorite company. I was a part of Team Xtreme for several years. Still have the jacket and patches in my closet.

I'm not a fan of the Kicker subs myself and I was even on their competition team (overlapping Team Xtreme) several years back. I used Kicker amps back then but not their subs (Orion XTR's). I tried their highs out and got my butt royally handed to me at finals in the sound quality department and that was with the guys at Kicker aiding in the tuning. Used the Image Dynamics Chameleons the next year and got on stage. I do all of my own tuning now anyways but I don't compete anymore. I did far better just being the installer on our competition cars than I did with my own car. I never had enough time to put into my own vehicle since I was always working on the others. I spent so much time on some of those cars that I consider them mine.

expressiveaudio
Unregistered guest
Actually my response on the comparison against other companies was based solely at the thread starter. Orion about 10 years ago was my favorite company. I was a part of Team Xtreme for several years. Still have the jacket and patches in my closet.

I'm not a fan of the Kicker subs myself and I was even on their competition team (overlapping Team Xtreme) several years back. I used Kicker amps back then but not their subs (Orion XTR's). I tried their highs out and got my butt royally handed to me at finals in the sound quality department and that was with the guys at Kicker aiding in the tuning. Used the Image Dynamics Chameleons the next year and got on stage. I do all of my own tuning now anyways but I don't compete anymore. I did far better just being the installer on our competition cars than I did with my own car. I never had enough time to put into my own vehicle since I was always working on the others. I spent so much time on some of those cars that I consider them mine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 798
Ok, I havn't been active in this thread for awhile, so here we go:

91Eagle_Talon_TSI_AWD: headphones can make your ears ring, and you wanna race? And 24" spinners are the sh!t :P.

expressiveaudio: thank god someone has their head on straight! And not only do they buy Audioburn, they have someone else install it... OMFG!

And I think Rockford's stuff has seen some better days. But I DO like their T2 subs, but I have no idea how much they go for. And they seem to be mostly SPL subs... I'll go to my grave an Eclipse man though...

Silver Member

Post Number: 222
I really want a peanut butter sandwich...and a tall glass of milk.

Silver Member

Post Number: 801
I just ate some oatmeal :D. The brown sugary stuff... Since I have Friday-Sunday off almost every week, I find myself bored more. And the weather's crappy, and going digging in the old Cherokee is getting old :P.

Username: Onlinebanking

Post Number: 10
i love listening to car enthusiast talk trash about eachother... in reality... i had two audiobahn 10" subs in my trunk with a 600w pyle amp... lol... that setup sucked!!! but the funny thing... for what it was.. those subs kicked!!! now granted they didn't have much depth... but regardless they did pound... now i have a 1200w kicker, and i'm installing a mtx 9500 sub off of that... i wonder which will sound better??? lol... and again now granted u go and get some high end audiobahns... they'll do great!!! but i'll take mtx 9500 over jl audio w7's anyday of the week... don't get me wrong jl audio has some unf*cking believeable subs... but pound for pound dollar for dollar... and stats for stats the mtx kills the jl w7 that's all for now kids... have fun fighting... but just remember... we all love music... isn't that what we're here for???

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10426
"but i'll take mtx 9500 over jl audio w7's anyday of the week."
that's your choice, but just to clarify, your stat for stat thing is based on MTX's own publication comparing the 9510 and 10W7.
As you increase in driver size, the W7 clearly hammers the 95xx series subs in "specs" but what MTX failed to publish were specs like a BL curve for both subs.
In raelity the 95xx series is apples and oranges to the W7.
a W7 is a high output SQ sub. The 95xx subs can't hold a candle to a W7 for high excursion linearity and accuracy, but for SPL, they're probably a bit louder.. so if all you want to do is compete for SPL, or you can't afford a W7 I suppose the MTX is a good option, but for the money I kknow better SPL subs, and there are only a handfull of subs I'd compare to a W7 for SQ/SQL.
The RE XXX, Adire Brahma, IDMax... certainly nothing MTX has ever produced.

not arguing, jut setting the record straight.
you can't just compare numbers on a sheet of paper and say one sub is better because the numbers are bigger.
Remember there's always a trade-off in those specs. Going too far in one direction of the other can affect performance adversely, like over or under damping the driver, etc. XBL^2 motors for example sound amazing for linearity and accuracy, but as a trade-off they're terribly inefficient and suck power to get good output, even with their long throw subs using these motors, which is a result of not having a conventional gap to leave during high excursion.

hope those 9500s work out for ya though, really. If ya like em, that's what matters.. just don't compare them to a W7 based on marketing hype. If you want to compare them, listen to a W7 with adequate power in a proper enclosure in a vehicle.. then do the same fo rthe MTX sub and see which one your ears like more.. even as a blind test to be impartial.
best way to judge a speaker.

Bronze Member
Username: Onlinebanking

Post Number: 13
don't get me wrong glass... my buddy had a single w7 10" sub with a 1kw jl amp... it pounded!!! now maybe the box type was incorrect on it or something... but my buddy had almost the same setup for the mtx version... a single 10" 9500 and an 800w mtx amp... now i know it seems kinda far fetched but it's true... they used to go around college and for fun set off car alarms... lol... but just for preference the mtx's just sounded so much sweeter... but again maybe it's because they were backed by bose speakers. and the jl's were backed by boston acoustics... and for the record... yes stat for stat the mtx wins true... and the w7 is a high output SQ sub... and again the box might have been off... but i just def. preferred the mtx... what i might do is buy one of each. get boxes speced for both. and try both of them and sees what goes down in my own car... but don't get me wrong... in preference the mtx is better... but jl is still the sh*t

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
had a quick question has anyone ever heard the logitech 5.1 THX setup for a computer system, the one with the 6 and a half. Just wondering what your opinions on this setup is as far as an audio set up for a pc/home theatre since my pc is my home theatre atm. Soundcard is a Soundblast Audigy Zs2 also THX certified.

(I know this is a car audio forum but since this thread was already going didnt want to start a new one)

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 679
Do u mean LOGITECH Z-5500 ????????

I currently own 1 of those ......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
this one http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2177,CONTENTID=958 6

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 688
Well that link doesn't work - just post the model no.

Like i said i own the Z-5500 model , highest model Logitech made @ the time (probably still is) i got it Dec 2oo4 . Paid $260 online .

Come with 4 speakers 1/ each corner of your room , 1 center channel speaker & a BIG ported sub enclosure with a 10' SUB ! 500w total system rms .

U need a s.sound sound card for it ,i ran mine for 6 mths off the regular board output . Recently got a Soundblast audigy 1 card (kinda low end model) .

The way this sounds is sometimes more than enough for the average joe , really loud & clear . Crank up the music ! - when watching a movie u don't have to apply much volume cause its darn loud & u can feel all the bass good .

91Eagle : If u intend to get a music system for your PC then don't waste time with the lower models & get the highest model . Only $260 & absolutely no regrets ....only 1 tiny fault a really top of the line Sound blaster card co$ts about $400 (damn , the card cost more than the whole set-up !)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I Already bought both the speakers and sound card, sounds grea, would never know the speaker is a 6 and 1/2 inch =).

I have a sound blaster Audigy Zs2 it was one of the top cards just didnt want to pay an extra 100 dollars for the front panel. (only difference between the platinum and other versions of the same card) Card is a THX certified sound card and also has digital DTS surround sound and some other neat features. If I were you I would just buy the audigy Zs2 its a great sound card has the 24 bit sound and is THX certified, just skip the whole front panel thing its not worth it, I used to have one when I had my sb live 5.1

Silver Member

Post Number: 268
CAN WE KILL THIS THREAD?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 468
I don't know. All I have to say is my 2 $77 RE12's would kill ANY Audiobahn in SQ anyday. And probably most in SPL. I bet mine gets louder than those 700rms audiojokes. I had some guy tell me the other day his Power Acoustik system owned and how Audiobahn is top of the line and so expensive. I laughed.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 241
hey Cris, you want to put a real bet on the line. I'll build either an spl or sq set-up using audiobahns, then we will compare your $77 woofers. I'll put up a $1,000 bet.
We can run on an RTA or SPL.
Your the kid I can't stand, talking all this smack about something you have no clue about. Get off this retarded bandwagon of bashing Audiobahn. Thier upper end equipment very good. You have no idea what your talking about, until you go out and physically listen to the top of the line Audiobahn equipment you shouldn't talk about things you know nothing about.
Get bent all you Audiobahn haters. I've never said they are the greatest or even anywhere near it. But I will testify that they will hold a candle to ALL the other mainstream brands. It is a fact. I have no reason to sit here and defend this company other than to correct the misconception of thier quality and performance. I don't sell much Audiobahn here at the store nor will I ever, they've whored out thier product to internet sellers that retail the stuff for no more than a few bucks over dealer cost. There is no reason to push this product when profit is the main concern at my shop.
I do however push the lines I feel are above average in quality regardless of profit margin. Digital Designs being one, I dont make a ton of profit with this company but I know when that customer walks out the door they are satified and will have no problems with thier set up.
As for audiobahn, dont speak about something you've never heard.

I would like to see one person here who has heard the Immortal triple-stacked motor quad voice coil 15" they produced 2 years ago. Or even a person who has listened to a set the upper Alum series in a good set up. ??????

Point is all you guys who talk all this crap are basing your "opinions" on hearsay and or low end lines.

Hell, I could base my opinion of Chevrolet on the Cavalier. Will the Cavalier represent Chevy as well as lets say, the Corvette?
Probably not

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
ty zac

pwned

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 470
Ya, actually you can base opinions of chevy on a cavalier. They suck. I take it one exception is the corvette. But all in all, they suck. They break down like no other. And yes, I would bet you my RE's would own ANY audiobahn in SQ. It's like putting Lanzar up against Infinity Perfect's. It just ain't gonna happen. No matter how top of the line you get in audiobahn, it is a SPL woofer. It is designed for pure excursion and due to this, the motor has very little control over the actual cone. I would recommend audiobahn amps for people on a budget because they really aren't that bad, but you can get so much better for the money as far as subs go. Would I ever run audiobahn's in my car? Maybe, I personally prefer a more accurate sound. If I wanted to be the loudest guy around for the least $ I would go audiobahn but I really don't want to. For certain people, audiobahn has it's advantages but for audiophiles, there is no advantage to audiobahn.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us