Electrons?

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

Post Number: 104
Ok this may sound stupid to everyone out there but... sound waves can be used for many many things including heating and cooling*cooling of ben and jerry's ice cream at the factory even* Now does anyone know if sound waves of any level/amptitude disrupt electrons? I want to experiment with soemthing and this thought hit me... any imput?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9905
sound is generally defined as the translation of air compression and rarefication by the timpanic membrane of the ear. Basically you're not going to corrupt a molecular component using the compression of air, no.

Bronze Member
Username: Vuyodaddy

Post Number: 20
Holy crap you guys know your stuff.

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

Post Number: 106
hmm how about frequencies?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3574
Sound is simply a wave produced by particles of matter vibrating, or compressing back and forth. A particle bumps into another particle, and that particle bums into another particle, and so on.

Sound can travel through anythin, solid, liquid, or gas. I don't know what happens at the molecular level when sound is produced, but I doubt much.

Think about it, if something was actually powerful enough, and capable of producing frequency's high enough or low enough to disrupt single molecules, you'd think the object creating the sound would be destroyed way before you interupted an electron.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us