To seal or not to seal?

Joe Torres
Unregistered guest
I'm somewhat of a newb. I listen to a lot of rock and metal, but some techno and rap too. my first guess is that sealed is the way to go to get more responsiveness for the double-kick rolls and the like. So my question is what kind of subs (150-200$ range for a pair or up to 400$ for a single) perform well sealed? I want to get away with as much power as I can without installing a new alternator or battery, but a capacitor is well within the realm of feasability.

Thanks in advance!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9924
cap won't help much really unless you have enough juice from the alternator and battery already.

what kind of vehicle is this? that'll help me suggest subs and box type

Joe Torres
Unregistered guest
Its a 2006 Scion xB. Rather modest cargo area, but it's just BEGGING for a custom enclosure. I'm very much looking forward to designing and fabricating one for it.

I've read your posts and looked around at your site, you seem very knowledgeable. I very much appriciate your willingness to help out.

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 272
Id say hit up the idq. Dont have experience but heard nothing but great things about the sq.

Unregistered guest
I've always been into sound systems, but I'm also kind of new to all this "installing" stuff. So my question is, what all do I need to build my sound system besides subwoofers and an amplifier? Are there any other essentials I need?

Bronze Member
Username: Tj80

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 27
If you start a new thread, people are more likely to respond.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 655
of course... your head unit (deck) is probably the most important component of the system... its the brain sending the info to amplifiers then from amps to speakers... you will most likely want to upgrade the stock speakers to component 2 or 3 way systems preferebly 6 1/2 Sizes... however with upgraded speakers u will also want a speaker amplifier ( class a/b) to get the to perform optimally.. and on the subwoofer note, the box u put them in is just as important as the equipment itself.. a bad box will ruin an otherwise good setup so make sure its designed to do what u want ..

Bronze Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 34
i bug people on here so often i know all the importance about building a system but i havnt done it yet... i cant wait untill i do get hands on with my van and if runnin'-cheetah doesnt know the main parts of how to hook up a system i think u better get some good help or u could waste your money if you mess somthing up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us