Finally........My Install

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 192
I finally was able to get my hands on a friends camera. Hope you all enjoy. I set my subs up the way i did because it yielded the best results.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
More pics
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
Even More

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Cucu

Post Number: 13
thats a pretty crappy install.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3565
Shut up cucu, what the frick are you running in your car?

Nice clean install Chris. Did you just put your midbass in the stock locations, because all I see are the tweets.

Nice equipment though man, very solid system.

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
yeah, the mids are in stock location. The tweeters were to big to fit in there. At first i had them on the dash which sounded nice, but when i moved them down there i was amazed.

This is only my first install, so i am pretty happy with the results.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 183
Looks Good :-)

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 297
Uh, yeah man you should be. you don't wanna see my first install lol, not pretty. good job man, hard work pays off.

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 371
Nice and clean.... looks good

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3566
I wish my first install was Re's with Zapco amps and DlS components... It took me a couple years to get where I am now.

robert r d r d
Unregistered guest
nice stuff your workin wit
its just me but i hate wires showing so if u want u could make some holes in the carpet on the back of your seat and run the wires through there
i would show u mine but i know everyone would rank me on the stuff i use
but after i sell my stuff im buying new ones since i know wats good and wats not now

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4203
Not bad for your 1st install.
My amps are hidden under the spare tire compartment. I took out the useless spare tire and set up my amps/capacitor/d blocks there. With the carpet covering them and RE MT sub on top, you can't see anything.
All you see under the trunk is the big sub and nothing else.

Bronze Member
Username: Deezel

Post Number: 47
Dude, I really like the placement of those tweets. How does it sound?

Other then that, sweet setup man, congrats on getting everything installed, and hope everything sounds like you wanted it to.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3568
Isaac, I didn't know you were running an MT now. Daily Driver? How's it sound. I think I remember you posting some tests on the MT, but I didn't know you were running one...

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 201
looks great man

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
I just got back in from working on the car again. I had a Nakamich CD-400 before, as well as 2 15" Diamond Audio TDX's, and a sirius plug and play and xm plug and play units mounted under the HU. Anyway, i decided i wanted a little more control and a way to get rid of the plug and plays, so i went with the Pioneer premier 860MP. I was just outside hooking up the XM direct connect and i am now going to get rid of my sirius plug and play, 2 or 3 antennas, a 2 to 1 antenna splitter and the Nakamichi, as well as one of the TDX's i got left. So technically, i guess you could say that it is my second install, because i did switch out my subs with the RE's and the HU. This one was done by me alone though, whereas my first was done mainly by/with a friend. I take more pride in this one. lol.

I would like to move my grounds that go up as i would like everythign to be hidden like a few of you said, but the holes were allready there for the wires so i used them. At the moment i dont know exactly what the best place to put them would be, also i like the fact that i never had to mod anything on my car.

Hey Isaac, i actually put most of my wiring such as the d block in the spare tire area. I wanted to just remove it and put more of my stuff in there, but my parent flipped out when they found out that was my plan. I finally agreed that i would keep it, ya never know when you are going to need a spare.

Hey King, The tweets sound incredible. They can get earth shatteringly loud without distorting at all. They blen in more seemlessly then they did when they were on the dash of my car.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 203
No one has said anything, but I like your car, I love the shape of them.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 204
No one has said anything about your ride, so i'll say it's a nice car as well.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 205
well that was wierd it first said error and then i retyped it, sorry

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 868
Sweet install bro, my boss drives one of those, but his is a green SS. i like those amps, and i want your tweets!:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 70
Hey man great install, im not sure why exactly but i really like that box. i think maybe cause u can see subwoofers whether ur inside lookin in the trunk, or outside lookin in. nice clean ride too i like the look of them also.

Silver Member

Post Number: 197
At some point i would like to put some new rims and tires on, as well as tint my windows. I just dont feel like spending the money because the audio drained alot of it. I also like the SS better, i just couldnt afford it. I am 20, going to college and working part-time at Sears. I figure a 2003 Monte Carlo with 13000 miles would be my best choice for looks and size (I am a BIG GUY). I also was able to get it for only 12,900 which is a pretty good deal.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4206
Joe Smoe, I took out my 18" sub and swapped it with RE 15" MT in a custom built box. It took me 3 days to design/build and install it in my trunk. The box and the sub weighs almost 120lbs.
With some fine tuning, it now produces excellent SQ and SPL. I don't think I can have the volume as high as before cause it pounds now. The low bass is 2x stronger than before and can be heard even further away.
If my trunk was any bigger, I would've put in 2 6" ports for even more bass.
5 cu ft with 2 6" ports will drown out just about any sub.
Just imagine how loud it would be with 2 of those 15" suckers.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 363
Good to see this forum does help ppl out alot & this shows the results .
Very nice , only little nitpick is hide the wires out of the amps . Whats holding up those tweets , a bracket hidden behind ?

Now that u are officially 1 of the guys who own a Premier 860 - how's that working out for ya ? Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
I love the HU. I also loved my Nak as well, but it was lacking fine tuning capabilities that i decided i ultimately wanted in a HU. The tweets are being held up by small peices of this tape stuff we use at work to secure stuff down, it is very strong. No other tape would keep them there. Like i said up top, i didnt want to modify or drill holes and whatnot into my car.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 367
I also like where u put the tweets ,just last wk i put 2 in my bro-in-law's car in a similiar position as yours .
What i find is that the tweets don't necessarily have to be @ ear level cause u can still very well hear em there as well + it serves a less noticeable item to thieves cause if they see those on your dash then it's like a 'come see what else i got to steal' invitation ...Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
Yeah, i was surpised that with all my stuff and the tweets mounted on the dash noone tried taking my stuff. The Nakamich HU looked stock though, so that didnt look as enticing as the 860.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 953
a car alarm is your friend :-)

(and i need one...lol)

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
I spent over 2000 dollars on my system, i cant afford an alarm. lol.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 848
interesting chris. i like the near-stealth approach up front. in the rear, why not slit the carpet and run the wires underneath?

Silver Member

Post Number: 206
I think you might mean split the carpet on my seats. Is that what you meant?? If so, i dont want to mod anything on the car or make holes or cuts on the car. If you have any other ideas that would be great. If that wasnt what you meant then what did you mean.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 849
ok. now i see it. had a different perspective. yeah, that's what i was referring to. I didn't want to mod my rodeo either (older install), but i had my amps mounted to the rear of the seats in a similar fashion, and when i made the slits (just small vertical slits with a razor large enough only for the cables) they couldn't even be noticed unless you knew they were there. It made a big dif in presentation.
but i feel you about being hesitant to cut up your ride.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us