SX 12 Ported of SX 15 Sealed?

Silver Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 168
Anyhow, I drive a 4dr civic and don't have too big of a trunk. My question is do you guys think I should go with a 12" sx ported tuned to 30/32 or get a 15" sx and seal it. I listen to mostly rock but I do listen rap too. I'm about 65/35 sq to spl, so I do want sql. I want something that can hurt your ears if I want and keep up with double bass and kick drums. I hope to get this to hold me over until the new xxx. The sx will be pushed with a 12.1. Thanks for any input and/or suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 182
15 sealed if you want SQL.

Silver Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 169
thank matt, anybody else? I know somebody has opinions on this. Jonathan? Glass?

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 950
SX's dont really like sealed boxes. I ran my SX15 in a sealed box for about a week this summer (when i went to gulfshores, i had to put my back seat in so i didnt have room for my ported box.).

I'm not sawing they will sound like total crap in a sealed box...just that they really come alive in vented boxes. If there is anyway you can get a 3.5cu ft box in your trunk, i suggest an SX15. If you cant fit a box that big, the look into the 12".
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us