Are Volfenhag ZX4812 good?

Username: Jsizziii

Hesperia, Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
aer these subs good in performance?

Bronze Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 86
Hrmmm. I have the ZX-4712's, and they are the Volfenhag Performance series if you check their site. The ZX-4812 are for display with their higher XMAX, and their overall appearance. Many people on here will bash Volfenhag to the ground. I've had mine for about 3/4 of a year and they sound really good for what I paid, as well as listening to other not as expensive brands like Song, Pioneer, and a lot of what can be bought at Circuit City and BestBuy. I know the 4812's put out more power, but I'm not sure if they necessarily get louder, as the 4712's are the HIGH performance series. If you're going to buy those subs, you might want to do what I plan on doing in the future, and buy some Cerwin Vega V-MAX 12's. They have an excursion between the two different types of Volfenhags, and although rated at lower power, will deliver higher amounts of loudness and definitely sound quality. They are abou $90 a pop if you look on Froogle.com, or Ebay. You'll be paying the same and get a much better woofer. Don't get me wrong I love my German badboys, but I think it's time for something a little better. Just stay away from irregular shaped subs definitely. But I would definitely check out the 4712's over the 4812's ANY DAY.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 457
well my friend had a pair of volfenhags, and imo they were the biggest piece of sh!t any1 could buy, there sq was horrible, and my kicker comps had better spl then they did. im not sure what series they were but i know they were 15's.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3473
They were the 15's dustin and trust me it was the box ....i remember helping you figure that out before...the 15's take a very big box in the 47 series...12's and down are the key....48 series is a definate improvement and worth the extra cost in the sq and spl department but not absolutely neccessary because the 47 series are good as well (48 series have twice the xmax over the 47 series)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
I'm pretty sure that the 47 series however, has a greater ability to move some air though. They have lower XMAX, but I'm pretty sure that the 47 series has greater motor strength. The 47 series is after all, their "HIGH PERFORMANCE" series, and is named so for a reason. The 48's are ugly anyways lol. ANd yes, box size is key. In a sealed box, my 12's actually need a little more room, but I'm gonna switch them up for some Cerwin Vega's in a few months anyways.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3476
actually the 48 series is the higher line

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 461
ya i remember u helping me, but it was the only personal experince i have with them so i told him what i thought.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
Well, the 48 series lacks in SQ, and that's a fact. The 47 series sounds a hell of a lot better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us