Need some sub advice

Username: Biteworms

Clearwater, Florida United States

Post Number: 1
I just got a new 2006 Scion xB and am looking to put a nice high SQ system that will still get some decent dBs. I am somewhat new to car audio but know some of the basics.

I'd appriciate some advice and hear your opinions on the following options, and some suggestions on what to power them with.

3 x 12" Kicker Comp VRs or
3 x 12" Diamond D3s or
2 x 12" Kicker L7 Solo Barics or
2 x 12" JL Audio w7s or
2 x 12" Diamond D6s or

These are some that I know a little bit about. I've heard some good things about Adire Audio's Brahma 12"'s but don't know much about it's SQ, SPL or what kinda power it sucks. I do know that it's expensive so I'd only be able to put 1 12" in. If any of you have any other sub suggestions, please feel free to inform me about them.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2847
Well, of course the W7's are awsome.
You might also look in to Eclipse TI's,
Image Dynamics... think I spelled that right,:-)
RE's x.x.x, or sx lines.
www.reaudio.com is for the RE's.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 834
the d6 is a good sub. you could also consider the soundsplinter rl-p and id maxx.
the rl-p 15" works well sealed, but the 12"s prefer ports w/about 750-800 watts. smooth, low end beasts, those rl-p's.
the brahma is superb. i have two, but fed them a bit too aggressively. give them between 6-800 watts, depending on the volume. great output and accuracy. they would be my personal first choice. but then again i'm biased. you simply can't beat the price/performance ratio of the rl-p. just currently not possible.

Username: Biteworms

Clearwater, Florida United States

Post Number: 5
Thanks a lot for your input. in the midst of researching them I narrowed it down to the Re X.X.X and the RL-p, then I spotted a review specifically pitting them against eachother. Not only was the RL-p a bit cheaper, but it hit lower, which is what I want.

Thanks a lot!

Anonymous

wait!!! dont get either one get 2 12" kicker solo braric L 7's those things romp, if u put them into a seal box with a 2200 watt amp ull be sittin straight...

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 324
If i got your $ - i'd pick a single
JL 13.5 W7 & JL 1000/1 amp .....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us