Whats the problem

Username: Chadrn

Post Number: 8
I have 2 12" REF1240W Infinity subs and a REF611A Infinity 600 Watt amp. my problem is that with one sub going its louder that when both are going. A friends told me i need to get a Y wire and hook that in and it would give both enough power..is that what i need or is it the amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Deezel

Post Number: 40
Well it could be one of many things.

First off, what kind of car or truck do you drive? Its possible that two subs is too much for the space alotted in your car and you are getting a lot of cancellation.

Also, are you hooking up the woofers right? IF those REF1240 W's are single voice coils, you might be hooking them up at 8 OHMS instead of the 2 OHMS you need.

To hook it up right, in the box you have to connect the two woofers positive and negative leads. So, take a wire from the positive of one woofer to the positive of the other woofer, then from that wire take it to the positive to the amp. Do the same for the negative and it will be hooked up at two ohms.

Username: Chadrn

Post Number: 9
I have a 97 Camry. Would it have anything to do with how i have the RCA cables hooked up? Do i need to get a Y wire, does that have anything to do with it?And are you saying the positive from both subs are supposed to be put together and go in the same positive in the amp,and the same for negative?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us