Crossfire amps

Bronze Member
Username: Baseballsc

Post Number: 12
oppinions? good/bad? overated? underated? about like hifonics??

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 919
Crossfire is bout on par w/ Kicker. Their 1000d is neck and neck w/ the kx1200.1.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 306
Really ? - so u mean CF 1000 pushes out about 1400wrms like what according to K owners say the kx1200.1 birthsheet says ?

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 923
CF 1000d is rated 1000wrms @ 12.5V
Kx1200.1 is rated 1200wrms @ 13.8V (or 14.4...not quite sure)

both amps have good build quality and w/ good electrical systems would prolly be within 100wrms of one another.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2134
I have a CrossFire VR1000D and its a really nice amp after testing several subs like JL 12w6v2's on it and the Avalanche 15 and RE 12. Its a very powerfull amp and is very efficiant and puts out over 1000 watts rms at a higher voltage over 12.5. Its fuse rating is 120A and it puts out 1332 x 1 @ 1 ohm rms according to the birthsheet at 14.4 volts. Best Amp ive owned for the price for a subwoofer. I whould take it over the kicker for subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
well how much is the vr1000d? I just feel like if I can't get it for under 300, i should just get the ED NINe.1

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3561
Don't skimp because you don't have enough money. If you can't afford something good, then save up for it. I've lost most of my respect for elemental designs, so I'd steer away from the nine series amps.

Silver Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 166
can i ask why you lost respect for them joe? I was thinking of getting a nine.1 until I heard the boards are almost exactly like hifonics amps. Is this is the reason you don't like them or is it from personal experience?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
what about the bmf1000d from crossfire?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2138
bmf1000D is the older model before the VR series. Both are very good models. Ive had my VR1000D for a couple of months now and its been great so far and its running at 1 ohm. Never gets hot if you mount the amp according to directions and set the gains right. Very Nice Amp. I paid $439 or somthing at www.woofersetc.com and it comes with a 1 year warranty thru them.

p.s. you can find more info on crossfire at www.crossfirecaraudio.com

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2139
bmf1000D is the older model before the VR series. Both are very good models. Ive had my VR1000D for a couple of months now and its been great so far and its running at 1 ohm. Never gets hot if you mount the amp according to directions and set the gains right. Very Nice Amp. I paid $439 or somthing at www.woofersetc.com and it comes with a 1 year warranty thru them.

p.s. you can find more info on crossfire at www.crossfirecaraudio.com

Anonymous

MO - how would you say to mount it?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2142
Mount it like it shows in the owners manual. As long as you dont mount it in a really tight area where it will get no air. Just dont cover the heatsinks of the amp. I have mine mounted on the floor of my suv cargo area.Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 36
do not screw it into or set it on metal tho... i hear that is a real bad idea
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us