Strange problem

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 873
so my buddiessystemwent out the other day. he was driving down the road and all his front speakers went out but his subs were still playing. then his subs started playing all of the freqencies through them. you could hear the words and such coming out of them. so he brang it over and i looked at everything and everything was fine but his system was still messed up. then i pumped his brakes a few times for some reason and then everything was fine. has anyone ever had that problem before? his amp also has a variable low pass crossover on it set at 80 hz so there should be no reason all of the frequencies should have played through it.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 912
Check the wiring behind the HU...could be a bad ground or shorting wires.

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 874
checked it all and everything was fine.

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 121
wtf would make u think to pump the brakes.. wouldnt ur friend have to use the brakes to get to ur house... u sure this happened?

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 875
lol i swear it happend. i pumped them really hard like all the way to the floor. it'sa chevy mailibu that he drives.

Bronze Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 69
One time when i was driving my subs cut out and when i hit the brake to stop at a stop light they came back on, and then when i accelerated away from the stoplight they cut back out again. I went through and unhooked every wire (power, ground, rca, etc.) and then went back hooked them all back up agian and havent had the problem since.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3562
When you were pumping the breaks, were you stationary, as in everytime you pumped them the car was sitting still, or were you jerking forward and back.

robert r d r d
Unregistered guest
yea some wierd thing happened to me the ohter day my system cut off so i opened up the hood to see if my fuse poped when i pressed the hood realese button the subs just started playing again

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 876
yea. the car was in park
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us