Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9779
is it a question?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4575
For what? SQ, SQL, SPL? I'd take the 10W7 and 500/1 personally, but I'm not a fan of Alpine amps or Comp VRs.

Bronze Member
Username: Bakerj72

Regina, Sask. Canada

Post Number: 42
i like to shake... i have good component and sq is good in my mind

llgrant2005
Unregistered guest
JL subs are great by far, but they just don't do it for me. I am going with a set of Kicker comp 15's in a custom box, and a power acoustic 1000...I want the dayum ground to shake when I bang my music, and JL sorry to say can't do that

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9791
consider going to fifteens.

Username: Xmerc3point0

Post Number: 3
i have a one jl 10w7 and 500/1 set up
154.2 db
if you want to save a bundle of money then go with kicker

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 857
okay robert your not hitting 154.2 with a 10w7 and a 500/1 lol and kicker comp 15s grant will not make the ground shake.

i would take the 10w7 and 500/1 over the alpine and comp vrs anyday. JL makes superior products wether they are expensive or not. especially there slash amps. my 1000/1 makes my 15 avalanche slam and the amp gets just warm.... the ceiling to my car has actually dropped about an inch lol. i keep having to push the pins back up lol.
2 15 comp VRs done right can be louder than a 10w7 but what do u want good products or cheap products?
if u can find one id consider a avalanche 12 or buy a RE SE 12... both can run very well off a 500/1... my 15 avalanche is a lot louder then a kid at my school with 4 12 inch kicker comp VRs.

and JL cant do what? u must not mean get loud. many JL systems hit over 150db ... listen to that daily and u wont be listeing to anything in a few years lol.

Post Number: 4
im dead serious
stick a 10w7 and a 500/1 in a hatch (mitsubishi eclipse) and take it to a bass comp and watch the numbers

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10028
not 154 on a termlab mic anyway. not a single 12" with 500 watts. I'm running 2600 watts to a pair of RE XXX 12" subs and not hitting 154 :-) I'm also using a fastback style car, so I have at least the cabin gain of an eclipse.

anyway, perhaps on an AC mic.

when I said fifteens, I means CVR 15s not Comps.
He could go with SE or SX or even the basic RE fifteens from res eng too, but I don't know what he wants to spend on subs and amps. I was trying to stay in entry level pricing.

gatman
Unregistered guest
i have a friend who has a 12 w6v2 with a 100 watt amp that is half broken and he hits a 130 on termlab. Glasswolf you should have gotten the re mt 18. they get way loud i know guys who got 2 and hit a 162.3 on termlab in nashville finals.

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 243
hey glasswolf, you cang get RE15's from resonant engineering. Do you know of a way to special order them or something??

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1111
i have a 10" with 180wRMS running to it and i hit 130 clean:-O

Post Number: 5
hey gatman what kind of amp is pushing the 2 w6v2's?

Username: Cuban4life2125

Pembroke Pines, Florida United States

Post Number: 1
Hey wussup. I was wondering what I should run in my zx3. I'm thinking about getting a 12w7 powered by a 500/1 jl amp and a jl box. What do you think I should do? thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 129
victor that should work it would be a little louder if you went w/ the 1000/1 amp but the 500/1 will definately work.

and as far as Jl audio not shaking the ground or whatever and not getting loud some of the loudest vehicles i have seen and heard at daytona beach spring break nationals were jl demo vehicles. I also saw a chevy avalanche recently at a car show w/ 4 jl 12w7's and that was the loudest personal vehicle i have ever heard it was so incredibly deep and clear very very loud it was honestly setting off car alarms of vehicles parked across the street at a gas station.

Bronze Member
Username: Vic_in_explorer

Sanford, Florida United States

Post Number: 16
just sayin hey since their is a close to where i live person in this forum

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 79
i saw a H2 hummer at a local Pensacola show with 3 13W7's with a 1000/1 on each voice coil....that was just plain sick....it hit hard enough i could feel the bass walking up to it out in the field....then when i sat in it i decided 1 sub was enough for me. thing about it was he had the JL XR 3 ways double stacked on his front stage....A pair in each door just to keep up with the bass. it got loud and it stayed clear. but by god you can only listen for so long before you fell sick from all the bass and what not!

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1145
i'm the 5th person in a row to post a message from florida!:-O

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 871
6th 8)

i wish we all lived in the same town so i could know some people that actually knew things about car audio
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us