What did I do wrong - noobe help.

Username: The_maitre

Southbridge, Massachusetts USA

Post Number: 1
Ok - got my Hifonics Brutus 1500 in, wired it up to my sub (a 10" Planet Audio DVC - big bang). The amp powered up (looks nice), but I have no output from the sub at all.

AMp is linked to the HU (an Eclipse 8443) via monster cable RCA running from the HU's Non-Fade line outs. I adjusted the Non-fade level, adjusted the amp levels, checked all wiring - nada, zip, zilcho for sound. I should mention that when checking the speaker wiring I changed the speaker conections at the amp and got some slight static noise - but thats about all the sub produced all evening! Arrrrrrrrrgh - please help someone!

Erik

Silver Member
Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 136
You need to Change the HP Filter setting to 12BD you can do this by pressing the up down arrows after selecting the HP filter frequency.

Guess you just proved that your X-over is working on the HU ;)

Bronze Member
Username: Ihaveasystem2

Post Number: 75
did that work

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 179
Make sure the Sub EQ on the HU is on. When i installed my new HU it was set to off.

robert r d r d
Unregistered guest
yea something wierd happened to me today for some reason my amp just powered off and i checked all my connections then it hit me damn maybe i blew my main fuse again ... when i poped the hoood and opened it the amp turned on and worked perfect again ... wtf is that about
just opened the hood thats it

Post Number: 2
Nada - that did not work. Crossover on the Ecplise 8443 was alread set at the 12dB slope instead of Pass. For what its worth - I hooked up the Sub to my home stereo and it works perfect (so the problem is not the sub), also hooked my other amp running the MB Quarts up to the cable running from the low-pass out and its getting signal. The last element in the chain is the amp - a Hifonics Brutus 1500. Is there anything weird I should know about Hifonics amps?

Erik

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 181
Erik, just cust the crossover is set doesnt mean the your sub is on in the HU. I have the Pioner Premier DEH-P860MP and there is a seperate area, one to turn the sub on or off, and then the area to adjust crossovers and whatnot.

Post Number: 3
Chris, the Eclipse 8443 runs in Pro or Normal mode - in either mode there is no option to turn on/off the Sub channel/output.

I do have a 'stupid' question though...my cabin speaks run off a 600Wt 4 channel amp - the sub amp (Hifonics 1500) is running off the same power cable (4ga from the battery to the trunk - then 8ga from the distributor block to each amp). Being new to car audio - does the gauge of the power cable matter 'that' much? In other words - do I have to re-lay 1ga cable from the battery then 4ga from the trunk distribution block to the Hifonics1500 and 8ga to the other amp???? ARgggggggh!

Erik
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us