Single sub for SQ suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Tj80

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 18
I had a tough time picking speakers and amps... but I find myself completely lost in the sea of subs.

I need to get a sub for my system, which will be a more SQ geared setup. I listen to a bit of everything.. Dance, hip-hop, rock, vocal jazz.. even a bit of country when nobody's watching. I like tight bass, at moderate volumes.. no trunk rattling. Here's what we've got so far:
2x Xtant 2200i amps (2x200 @ 2ohms or 1x400 @ 4 ohms)
Infinity perfect 6.1 comps for the front
no rear

So I need a sub to put in the trunk. Needs to be a single, and needs to fit in a small sealed enclosure (for trunk space). Also I'm trying to keep the cost down for sure. Also, since it's going to run off only 400w RMS, it can't be anything too beefy.

One thought I had, since I have the perfect's up front, would be to use the Infinity 12" perfect. But from what I've read... people don't talk much about Infinity at all in the sub market.

So what do you guys suggest? 10"? 12"? What brands? I definitely don't want to go over the $200 mark... But that could be "ebay pricing".

I've looked at the best SQ for the price list.. but even most of those are over my price range, and others aren't really geared for only 400 watts.

Anyways, hoping some people can give me a few suggestions... again, not looking for SPL... SQ focused only.

Bronze Member
Username: Doug_w

Post Number: 65
http://www.cardomain.com/item/IDSIDQ12D4V2

1 12" IDQ would be under $200 and would do just fine. Great SQ. I got 2 12" in my trunk and they are amazing.

Silver Member
Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 137
ARC Audio 12D2

I hear it is basicaly similar SQ to IDQ but better, and it gets louder. It should handle your 400 watts RMS too

http://www.arcaudio.com/arc-05/subwoofers/arc_12d2.htm

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
You could also Try looking into Adire Koda 12 also. They are starting to ship

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4541
Yeah, the Arc series subs are built by ID, very similar in SQ to an IDQ. Great subs, can't go wrong with Arc or ID, they've got their act together. Oz Audio Matrix Elites are very good SQ subs, closer to $300, though, Adire Koda 12s are going to be right at $300, too.

Bronze Member
Username: Tj80

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 19
Wow, great reviews on that IDQ... that might be a winner. Can't find a price anywhere on ARC though... none of the online retailers seem to carry them.

I notice none of you recommended the Infinity perfect... shall I take that as a hint to forget it? Sounds like they don't have the rep for subs that they do for their components...

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4552
I'd take it as a hint. They aren't bad subs by any means, but in their category, they're typically outperformed one way or another.

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
As with their Components!

Not sure on the ARC there should be some way to find a distributor for them though maybe give them a call.

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
MSRP on the ARC 10" is around $215
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us