HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 392
That is my reaction after having 2 RE12's and ONLY 100rms to each and after I just edead'ed my trunk. It was jaw dropping. At least 50-100% more SPL and I am sure it will add SQ as well. It is insane. When I run my Kicker KX450.2 I don't know if I will be able to stand it! Anyway, I still have a little touchup work to do on the trunk with the edead. Also, I am hoping that the musicality improves with the Kicker amp because right now there is only a little change from my Sony's to them. The bass lines are alot cleaner and punchier though.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 393
bump

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 394
should my SQ improve alot giving the subs more power (what they should be getting) and having a Kicker amp instead of an Alpine?

Bronze Member
Username: Ihaveasystem2

Post Number: 74
Well I dont know about the kicker amp but what is the specs on your subs

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 395
175rms apeice. And yes I know 225rms per sub is overpowering it but people have run 500rms to 1 before.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 396
any other suggestions for the SQ part?

robert r d r d
Unregistered guest
yea but depending on the size and type of your box lets you give or take more rms but 500 rms to 1 thats a big stretch
225 rms is what alot of people run them on but im a wimp so most likely ima get 4 re's and run 200 rms each to them
although im not to sure if that will add quality but it will be alot louder since your more than doubling your power
i believe a watt is a watt but probily the kicker will recieve and give better signals and be more consistant on output to your subs

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 449
well imo the kicker amp is a lot nicer than alpine amps, they should get louder, and you might notice a little bit of sq improvement.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 397
could it be possible that the reason that I haven't noticed a major musicality difference is I am not running enough power to them yet to get their motors really going?

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 451
that could be it, or it could be your box.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 398
what is wrong with a 1.25 cubic feet per chamber sealed box? It is in great condition etc.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 453
i never said it was wrong, its just a guess what could be making the subs not sound any better.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4553
RE gives plans for ported boxes, look at the dual 12" options. If you give them 4 cu ft net and tune that to 30hz, you'd excellent sound quality and strong bass. The RE is a lower Qts sub, with a decent, but not substantial, x-max, high BL strength for it's class, and looser suspension. You see this in a lot of budget subs, since they use lighter parts and shorter coils, and looser suspensions, which allows a stronger Qes. You also aren't getting substantial low bass output or high linearity at high volumes, so ported is a good alternative since you can limit excursion and gain efficiency at the same time, many companies realize this benefit and apply it, RE designs most of their subs to give optimal performance ported. Of course, the power boost won't hurt either.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us