4 resonant re's or 1 sx

robert r d r d
Unregistered guest
i was wondering if i should get 12" re's with a 1000.1 hifonics amp cuase everyone says tehre overrated so i guess the re's will get like 200rms each
or a 15" sx with 1500.1 hifonics

do u think 4 of them will be louder or softer or sound as good or alot worse

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 175
Well, I own 4 RE12's and they are amazing. They have amazing sq, and are prob the puchiest sub you are going to find. The SX might(prob) get louder, but it doesnt have the SQ of the RE's or any other RE model for that matter. The SX is purely an SPL sub. If you want SQL go with the RE's, SPL go with the SX.

Silver Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 162
the sx is NOT purely a spl sub. It has better sq than many other subs that are for sql. Yes, it does get louder than the xxx and has less sq doing it but it also doesn't have xbl^2. So robert I think either choices would do you good, with the sx getting louder and the re's with slightly better sq. I'd go for the sx, just becuase I'm a big fan of one-sub setups.

robert r d r d
Unregistered guest
yea im a fan of 1 sub setups as well although i want to fiberglass half my trunk and put 2 subs on each side with the amp screwed behind the back seat ... and a 1.5 farad digital cap =) just for looks i got one for 45$ new
although i dont have much experience with different subs i havnt really heard a good system not to mention a real sq or spl system so if u could give me an example of how the 2 sounds,
lot of lil jon songs are spl songs right ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us