Verdict on the RE12's

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 387
So I finally got them in the mail... YAY! I still don't have my Kicker KX450.2 yet but it is on its way so today I temporarily hooked 2 up to an Alpine amp putting 100rms to both. They aren't too loud with that little watts but I will be going up to 225rms apeice which should make MAJOR differences. Anyways, the subwoofers look very neat. So, I switched out the Sony's and stuck them in... First reactions were "damn, stop punching me". They have a GREAT punch to them in my 1.25 cubic ft per chamber sealed box. More than the Xplod's with 175 rms apeice. There isn't much actual "sound" difference but they seem to be much more in control and hit the bass notes more accurately and don't rumble when they are not needed. I thought there was going to be a major musical difference but I guess that is just normal. Will the SQ improve going from an Alpine to a Kicker amp? Overall, I would reccommend them to EVERYONE. Awesome subs for the price. Please let me know if I should have heard more of a musical difference. (Will be edeading my trunk tomorrow for a little better SPL and SQ).

- Also the musical difference might be caused by 1 major factor. I need better CD quality stuff. Most of my stuff right now is lower bitrates etc.

Chris

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 388
bump

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 389
anyone have any ideas?

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 390
bump

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 174
You really should have heard a musical difference. My guess is that you are underpowering them too much. One guy on this forum put 500watts to his. You are underpowering them by almost 50%. Once you get the kicker, you should be much happier.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2121
Chris just come back and let us know once you get the Kicker Amp in. Im sure you will notice an improvement in the SPL department and maintain that tight punchy bass.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 391
don't get me wrong, I love em but I haven't noticed much musicality difference (I hope chris is right). I am underpowering them by a LOT right now. That will change tomorrow afternoon :-)
I got my edead V1 SE in today and the amp is coming tomorrow.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us