RE 15" MT update

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4124
I've tested the RE 15" MT sub. So far, it can play 20Hz note all the way to 3Khz. It's almost like a full range speaker.
The frequency range of 25Hz - 80Hz is very loud. However, 40Hz-45Hz seem to be the "peak" frequency. It shook the floor the most. Therefore, a vented box with ports tuned between 35Hz - 40Hz will give very high SPL.
Depending on who you ask, almost everyone will give you different answer. It is almost impossible to get a frequency response answer.
I know from my testing, it can hit 25Hz easily and go as high as 3Khz. Try and find a sub that can do that.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 241
Forgive me for cutting in on your thread Isaac - but can you PLEASE give me an opion on my thread in the amp section titled 'Fair price for this DIAMOND AUDIO AMP ? '

I've posted this since yesterday & NO 1 has even bothered to say a word . I need to put in an order kinda ASAP - PLEASE HELP !

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 595
maybe no one ever used a diamond audio amp here...can't give an opinion if you never used it...read reviews and do some research...and post in your own thread.

incognito
Unregistered guest
Isaac can you play music on the thing?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4126
Yes it can. If the songs contain 35Hz - 45Hz bass, it'll sound very loud, almost 2x more SPL than my 18" SQ sub. With 200w rms of power and open free air, it was shaking the floor.

incognito
Unregistered guest
one more qustion i like to do this
2 15 MT ported with a zapco c2k and 500 amp alt and i like to play hip hop? what do you think?

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 361
isaac, how many watts does the MT need to reach full excursion?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4129
If your amp is Zapco C2K 9.0, then one of 2 things will happen. You will either go deaf or crack your car windows. I've seen how loud 1 15" MT can get, with 2, it'll be too loud for anyone to bare.
However, if you have large enough trunk space and tuned the ports to the frequency I mentioned above, you will get one heck of loud bass! I don't know what other subs will come close.
I forgot to tell you about the sub, the MT, even in open air, does not move when you push the cone. It is like a solid rock, hardly moves at all.

incognito
Unregistered guest
i have a cadillac ext and i am going to build a wall the zapco is 4000 watts os wish me luck..

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4537
"I forgot to tell you about the sub, the MT, even in open air, does not move when you push the cone. It is like a solid rock, hardly moves at all."

Very characteristic of an SPL sub. Gives a big peak in a ported or small sealed box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us