JBL Bass tube or JBL subwoofer with enclosure

Username: Audio_guru

Post Number: 6
Hi, I am a newbie. Currently in India for 2 years setting up a call center. I am creating a very standard audio setup for my car here in India. I have an Alpine 9833 HU with Infinity components in the front. Based on the advise of this forum, I had chosen JBL CS 50.4 for 200 dollars here. This JBL has 67 Watts RMS * 4 and 120 Watts RMS in bridged mode. I am planning to run my components and my sub through tihs 4 channel amp. However below is my question as to which sub to choose to work with this underpowered amp:
I have finally decided on the JBL amp based on the advise of the Forum. Now comes another question for you guys. The amp is giving 67Watt RMS for two channels for the components. And 120 Watt RMS bridged for the Woofer.
I have an option between two woofers:
1) JBL Bass Tube: 500 Watt (peak) and 140 Watt RMS
2) JBL 1000 B: 1000 Watt (peak) woofer with custom enclosure, 250 Watt RMS.

Since my amplifier can only power the woofer till 120 watts... is it better for me to go for the tube? Or will going for the JBL 1000 B give me better/tighter bass. Both the bass tube and the JBL woofer with enclosure are priced the same, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Username: Audio_guru

Post Number: 9
Please help me, I have to finalize the choice ASAP.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 776
go with the 1st sub, it will not require as many watts, so it will sound better with the amount it is given. you also don't have to worry about the amp clipping the signal to the sub to try and make more power for the other one which requires a little under double the power

if you gave the sub 120 watts that will take 250, it will not reach it's potential like the one that requires only 140.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us