Attn: Owners of the RE12's

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 385
I have forgotten who all owns these things. I just got mine in the mail today so tomorrow I will be hooking them up to an Alpine amp that puts 100watts RMS to both subs... This will be the breaking in proccess. In about 1 week, my Kicker 450.2 amp will be here and I will put the full 225rms apeice to them. I was just curious owners of RE12's, what type of amps are you running?

Chris

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2116
Chris, i tested my RE 12's with a Crossfire VR1000D mono amp. It put out 500 x 1 @ 2 ohms and that is perfect for 2 RE 12's.

I tested it with only 1 RE 12 and 500 watts but i took it real easy with the gain on my amp. It sounded amazing and what impressed me the most was the punch it had in the 1.5 cuft ported box tuned to 32hz.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2118
Chris, i tested my RE 12's with a Crossfire VR1000D mono amp. It put out 500 x 1 @ 2 ohms and that is double what is recommend for 2 RE 12's but i was carefull.

I tested it with only 1 RE 12 and 500 watts but i took it real easy with the gain on my amp. It sounded amazing and what impressed me the most was the punch it had in the 1.5 cuft ported box tuned to 32hz.

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 386
Ok, so you were putting 250rms to each of them... how were your gains set? I was just worried of overpowering them with 225rms apeice from the Kicker KX450.2 amp.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1339
an amp doesnt constantly put out 225watts of power. They'll be fine if you're careful with your gains
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us