Rainbow Subs

Bronze Member
Username: Slimjim

Caro, MI US

Post Number: 20
I'm building a SQ system and I was wondering if anyone know where to get Rainbow Subs and Prices? I emailed them and they have gotten back to me yet. I'm mostly just curious but if there a good price i think I'll buy one. Also, How do the IDQ's stand against the IDMAX's? And are there any other SQ subs that are Compairable to these? Thanks for the input.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 810
wow thats weird i was just randomly looking at rainbows subs yesterday... i donot know of a site that sells them though... just speakers at speedsound.com or something? i bet they sound pretty dman good though.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4529
www.speedsound.com is the only place I've seen their stuff online, other than that, you'll need to do a search for your nearest Alumapro dealer and call them. If it shows a Tweeter store, that likely isn't it because Tweeter usually just carries Alumapro capacitors. If you can find Rainbow subwoofers, get them, incredible equipment.

As far as IDQ vs. ID Max for SQ, personally I find the IDQ the better SQ driver at low power levels, but once you start cranking both of them up, the ID Max will be the cleaner sub. Not that either one of them sound bad at any point :-).

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 818
speedsound only has compnents and coaxials i belive... they have a 6.5 inch woofer actually but i dont really consider that a subwoofer..lol

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4531
You'd be surprised what some 6.5" systems can do. SEAS Excel drivers (drivers used for Rainbow References) can drop in the 30s ported, flat and clean. Their TL system can go in the twenties just with a double 6.5" MTM setup.

Bronze Member
Username: Slimjim

Caro, MI US

Post Number: 24
yeah i got word back from them and they said to talk to alumapro. And as for the IDmax and IDq's, I am thinkin 2 15" IDQs or 1 12" IDmax both 800 watts rms. I don't think i would notice a difference in loudness considering the IDMAX has more xmax and I assume that it is more efficient. I also think the IDMAX would have better response.

ps-polk/momo C500.1 amp for sale on ebay-$170 BIN

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3534
You just put it on? Did you put your eclipse up too?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us