Need new subs....

captain morgan's first mate
Unregistered guest
Hey everyone, i have a 97 jeep grand cherokee and two sets of diamond hex components filling the doors. I have an old pair of 10" memphis subs that have always treated me nice, but i think it's time to let them go. the stuff that i listen to is mainly rock, techno, and metal...i'd like for it to be loud as hell, but the main concern is SQ. i was considering a new set of diamond 10's or (maybe)12's, but i'm still open to other options. oh yeah, im trying to keep the cost a little under a grand (subs+amp), any suggestions? thanks, michael

Username: Jon_brink

Matamoras, Pa US of A

Post Number: 5
i got a pair of kicker 15" cvr's i can sell you... they dont fit in my car...

Username: Jon_brink

Matamoras, Pa US of A

Post Number: 6
i got a pair of kicker 15" cvr's i can sell you... they are brand new with a kx850.2 amp... dont fit in my car...

Silver Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 161
Here's some questions to help people help you...

What's your budget?

Do you have a stock alternator?

Are you keeping the amps from the memphis, if so what kind of power does/did it/they put out?

captain morgan's first mate
Unregistered guest
I dont want to spend over a 1000 on the whole system, and yeah the alternator is stock, but i might get a new one after i put in the subs and see how hard the pull. the amp i had for the memphis's was a diamond d3 600.1 imped at 1ohm. i can get the hex's for around $450 or 500 so that leaves me with 500 to play with subs+amp. thanks again and sorry jon but 15's would take up to much space in the back...i want a little room left over

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2800
Hmmm, maybe a 12 ID max with a JL 1000/1... should put you right around the $1000 mark.
If you wouldn't mind wating a month or 2, RE x.x.x with a MTX 1501D, or Rockford 1500BD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us