Need help choosin subs + amp + speakers

Username: Springy101

Post Number: 1
i was lookin for subs, amp, and some speakers to go in my 91 chevy s10 extended cab. i like sq more than spl and wanted to know if 1 15" or 2 12"s would be better. i was lookin at 2 rf stage 1 12's or an mtx 4500 15. for an amp i was lookin at kenwood kac 7202 150w rms x2 for the rf's, or a soundstream rubicon 300w rms x1 for the mtx. for the speakers i was thinking of boston acoustics fx5 5.25" speakers. i could get all these things for around 300 bucks.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 148
I would have to say that with $300 your not going to get the SQ that you're looking for, especially if you're looking for subs, amp, and speakers.

Post Number: 3
i know this isnt a top of the line system but are these ok parts that are gonna sound decent for 300 bux?

Clownass
Unregistered guest
If you want SQ get two 12s or one 12 instead of one 15.

The SoundStream amp is nice...so are the Boston Acoustics.

Use the Kenwood amp for the Boston Acoustics. No, that will not overpower them as long as the gain is set properly and you use common sence.

Use the SoundStream amp for the 2 12s. If the 300 watts isn't enough power for the 2 12s, then just use one 12. That would be better than one 15 for SQ.

What about a head unit?

All that for 300 dollars...

Post Number: 4
for the head unit i was thinking about the pioneer deh-2700 or the Kenwood Excelon KDC-328.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 770
you should save more money so you have more options, and can get higher quality equipment.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 234
I fully agree - get the Pioneer Premier line of HU instead , alot better preferably either of the top 2 or top 3 models .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us