Re mt 12 or 15

Bronze Member
Username: Thugunlimitedx

Post Number: 25
re mt 12 or 15 in a 30hz tuned box or 28hz outa the 15 an 12 will da 15 b better

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4800
the 15 will always be louder in any case because of more surface area when comparing the same 12 to the same 15 with the same power

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
i thought that but the 15 will it sound go0d in a 3.803ctft box tuned 28hz or 30hz what 1

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4082
RE 15" MT needs at least 4cu ft of volume, 5 cu ft is even better. That is what RE tech recommended.
The port should be 35Hz. Anything lower, and you're just wasting it. That sub wasn't meant for deep low bass SQ. It's an SPL that can produce some low notes at high volume.
For 28Hz or lower, you need RE X.X.X. subs.
One more thing, you need large port area.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
how about the re mt 12 with the same but 35hz with tha 3in. wide port with 3.8o3cuft cause i like my system wit alot of bass but still makein it travel an i no ppl dont like it but i do just atlease when ur like 20ft away an make ppl look dat will b go0d 2. so 35hz thats pretty loud goni 2 kill my ears lol but its all go0d 1 re mt 12in 3.805 cuft an 2 bx1500 hifonics

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
4inch wide port an just as i get that killer boomim bass when i drive up on sum 1 an day turn around an b like damn that will b go0d lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 4083
3" port is not wide enough. You'll need at least 4" and 2 ports. On my 15" MT, they recommended two 6" ports. That is quite a large port area.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
how about the 12 with a 4inch wide ported tuned 2 35hz an its in a 3.803 cuft box

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 442
Ok look, how about you forget about the RE Mt and buy hooked on phonics. Your posts are entirely to hard to read. I wish people would take a little more time regarding their posts.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4104
Scott, you can use 4" ports as long as you try and match the port area of 2 6" ports.
For example, let's say 2 6" ports give you 58 sq ft of area, then to get something similar with 4" ports, you might have to install 3 or 4 of them.
Anything less is not recommended by RE (for max efficiency).

And yes, some of the posts are hard to understand.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1342
i was gonna help but i got a headache and started bleeding from the ears trying to read his ganster hommie G typing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4119
You might have to borrow the ear plugs from the Orioles first baseman, Rafael Palmerio. He apparently uses it during the game so that he can't hear the boo birds.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
iam goin with a vented ported box that iam making an how about 1 6inch wide port an tuned 2 35hz would that b go0od i want the max outa the sub u tell me wat i need 2 do an i will do it an the box is 3/4 mdf h15 w31 d18 total of 3.803 cuft http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us