GlassWolf's input needed

McClaren
Unregistered guest
I have been looking for either one amp that will put out 1000 rms x 1 @ 4 ohms or two amps that will put out 500 rms x 1 @ 2 ohms.

The Zapco c2k6.0x (900 rms x 1 @ 4 ohms) looks like a good way to go. Although it is rated a bit lower than I would like and a bit expensive. But, if it's worth if I will pay it.

Another amp that cought my attention was the Phoenix Gold Xenon 1200.1 (1200 rms x 1 @ 1-4 ohms). Seemingly more powefull than the other, plus it is cheaper.

And lastly, the Xtant 6.1 (600 rms x 1 @ 2 ohms). Two of these would cost more than the PG and less than the Zapco .

Would there be an audible difference in sound quality between these amps?

Which would be the most reliable?

Even though the PG amp has more "rated" power than the Zapco, would it still be the louder of the two?

I am assuming that in car audio you get what you pay for. But before I make my purchase, I want to check with you and find out what exactly the difference is in performance and reliability between the Zapco, Phoenix Gold and Xtant.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9719
the zapco is the best amp and offers the most features, but power per dollar the xtant is probably the best deal there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us